HELP - I am at my wits end - 05 EB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Notrega

Notrega

Reaction score
VCT Solenoids or cam sensors? All connections are good I am assuming. It seems like the mechanical piece of the job is correct (the actual cam timing). When I did my phasers/ chains/guides/tensioners I removed the VCT solenoids & the oil galleries at the front of the heads where the VCT solenoids are located. I cleaned out the passages with solvent & compressed air. Did you change out any of the solenoids, or the cam sensors?

I changed out the sensors... have not changed the VCTs

Boose

2017 Platinum EL
Reaction score
Just curious, how's she running any changes?

OP
OP
Notrega

Notrega

Reaction score
I changed out the VCT Solenoids Friday. No more codes no more issues.

The VCTs were broken...
Uy2DQEK.jpg

Last edited:

Weric

Reaction score
Replaced motor... Now it won't start

I could use some help.

I have a 2005 EB Expedition. I had a timing chain guide fail which destroyed the original engine.

My neighbor encouraged me to replace it so I spent the winter doing just that. I got a short body motor from Ford and had the heads reworked. I had the timing triple checked by other mechanics and put the new motor back in the vehicle. The motor turns over but does not start. I did get it to work for a few seconds on starting fluid but did not want to use that too long. There is fuel pressure in the fuel rail and the fuel pump is working. Every plug in engine wiring harness has a home ..... I can not get it on to check any codes. Short of ripping it all apart again and replacing the wiringm harness what else can I do?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You need 3 things for the engine to run. Compression, fuel and spark. One of the three is missing. Pcm may have cut off the injectors as a reaction to "theft".

Last edited: