1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me Find where my SUV is leaking Please.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nalajr, Jun 29, 2020 at 7:27 PM.

1. Nalajr

Nalajr Active Member

Hey all.

I’ve got a leak problem that I need help trying to locate where it’s coming from.

my front drivers side has wet carpet after every rain. I used to have a leak that would drip from the hand hold, but I stopped that. I thought it had started again so I went out and checked while it was raining. That leak has STOPPED.

Now the drip comes from under the dash, right about the emergency brake foot pad. In fact, the water drips off of the bottom edge of that emergency brake foot pad.

Do you all have any ideas where that would come from and how it would start up now after all these years?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks all and keep yourself safe!

MUHerd

2. Retiredusps

Retiredusps Full Access Members

I know the pickups usually leak from the Windshield sealing area.

3. 99WhiteC5Coupe

99WhiteC5Coupe Full Access Members

Check the rubber (accordion style) rubber conduit between the door and the A pillar (by the door hinges).

Ensure it is not torn, or dislodged where it is fitted into the A pillar. It is a press-fit, and can be kinked or dislodged.

Water can enter the A pillar at the conduit contact point, and leak onto the floor - from behind the kick panel by the parking brake foot pad assembly.

4. smith

smith Member

If you have a sunroof it's the drain leaking.