Help! New phone, no radio display

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HavasuMike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife got a new cell phone. She has a 2011 Expedition but the display on her radio doesn't work. How do I get the bluetooth code to do the pairing? I'm not sure what other things will be displayed during the pairing, but I know that when I pair on my 2016, it gives me a code to enter on the phone.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My wife got a new cell phone. She has a 2011 Expedition but the display on her radio doesn't work. How do I get the bluetooth code to do the pairing? I'm not sure what other things will be displayed during the pairing, but I know that when I pair on my 2016, it gives me a code to enter on the phone.

You need the code, and the ability to click OK at the right time. So not really any work around I can think of. Time to switch out to an aftermarket radio or fix the factory one...Sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bobmc

Reaction score
If you still have the old phone, you could look up the connected device list and see if it will display the code.

barrydu4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I recently had a similar problem with my 2013 Ford F150 XLT. The system just stopped connecting with my cell phone. After trying everything I did some research and one person suggested to disconnect the negative battery wire and wait 10 minutes. Supposedly it resets the system. I tried it and it worked. Maybe try this. Hope it helps.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I recently had a similar problem with my 2013 Ford F150 XLT. The system just stopped connecting with my cell phone. After trying everything I did some research and one person suggested to disconnect the negative battery wire and wait 10 minutes. Supposedly it resets the system. I tried it and it worked. Maybe try this. Hope it helps.

Probably won’t help with a broken display...

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you still have the old phone, you could look up the connected device list and see if it will display the code.

No modern mobile OS will display there existing Pairing PIN. The solution is to pair again, which he can’t because...well he can’t see the pin to pair.

OP
OP
H

HavasuMike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Every once in a while, the display comes back on. I told her if that happens, pair your phone before it goes blank. Does anyone know a way to make the display come back on temporarily?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Every once in a while, the display comes back on. I told her if that happens, pair your phone before it goes blank. Does anyone know a way to make the display come back on temporarily?

My guess is you have a short. Replace it with a factory unit from a junkyard, or replace with a 3rd Party from your local car Audio shop.

OP
OP
H

HavasuMike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, Bobmc. I will watch the video and give it a try. I am not great at soldering, but I guess I can't really ruin it if it doesn't work now.