Hid Projector Retrofit in 2011 Expedition Completed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dariod

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its just sad that $50000 truck and year 2011 does not have factory projectors :-(. My other car is 1993 Lexus GS and it has projectors plus it 20 years old.

OP
OP
R

rayt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the expedition will probably only get halogen projectors at best, there has to be some distinction between ford and lincoln.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they start with high end/luxury vics 1st and then eventually make it to normal everyday cars...lol

rick chitown

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its just sad that $50000 truck and year 2011 does not have factory projectors :-(. My other car is 1993 Lexus GS and it has projectors plus it 20 years old.

I agree with with dariod, it does seem a shame that we can't get as at least an option... my car stickered at $56k, and not even an option for decent lighting, ridiculous. When you can get on other Ford products ala Edge's and Focus' these days. I just think the Expedition is really, really old technology that they are trying to keep band-aided together. Don't get me wrong, I love my Expy, just want factory HID's!!

OP
OP
R

rayt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i'm actually very happy at the way my lights came out, definitely, shimmed it a bit, and my beam is nearly perfect, only thing left is to find a level surface to finish it up. The light pattern on this is definitely up there, clear cut off, and bright.

hope more people do some retros in the future, maybe ford will catch on if they see enough people doing it.