Hidden winch trays for 3rd Gen Expeditions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sandbuster

Reaction score
I looked at two posts on the subject - one was not answered and the other was a nice homemade external front winch. With my 2019 4Runner there was no Turbo cooler to deal with so many folks offered a kit for hidden winches which I took advantage of and it turned out great. I would love to do the same on my 2017 Expedition but I personally don't have the skills to fabricate such a setup - but I have to think someone out there does and likely he will have a substantial customer base if he puts it on the market. Anyone else out there feel the same?

Mark Buckner

Reaction score
I looked long and hard for a hidden winch option before I went with the full-on winch bumper from Iron Bull. I am really glad I did. It's been rock solid and in September 2021 it saved my Expedition from being totaled when a State of Colorado dump truck ran into me. Fit & finish is excellent!

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used the rough country hidden winch tray for an 09 f150. Went in pretty easy and only had to cut a 7in long by 3in wide hole to feed the cable through on the front bumper. Can't even tell it's there once you put on the rollers.

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Didn't see you said you had a 17, I have a 13, sorry about that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire