high beam bulb question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigmekanik81

Reaction score
i was looking to buy a set of high beams from summitracing...they are 100w...but they say that you may need to upgrade harness, but if your not using the high beam during a long duration would it be ok to buy and use with stock harness?

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would not recomend that 100w lights use a lot of juice and create a lot of heat which would melt the harness (possible fire).

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just buy HIDs for your lows and you wont need highs

Old Guy

Reaction score
I put Silver Star Ultras in mine. Waaaayyyy better than what came with the vehicle.
I went back and got a set for the low beams and fog lamps.

Even Wallys world carries them.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i did that in 2010...went HIDs last year...so glad i did...putting some in wife car next week...pnp

OP
OP
bigmekanik81

bigmekanik81

Reaction score
I have hids in the low beams...just thought it would be cheaper to buy high beams as xenon bulbs instead of hids...plus u get that nice blue tint in ur lens

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
do it! thats how my setup is I had the 100W in my lows highs and fogs for a lil over a year and the only problem i had was in the fogs it melted a lil at the base of the bulbs but i always have my fogs on day or night and frequently did 8+hr trips but stock wires are fine. since then i have upgraded the fogs and lows but kept the high beams (the 100w off road bulbs) still no probs and it does blue out your light I'll take pics after work

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
stocks
SS040-2.jpg

right headlight 6k hid and the left and fogs are 100w halogen with the blue "xenon" coating
IMAG0014.jpg

not too good of a comparrison but the 100w are hella bright, sub as good high beam bulbs, and as you said they will def blue the high beam housing a lil

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
and yes I'm ghetto I dont have a tool box I have a tool drawer, the rachet set on the left was my neighbors