How long did your OEM tires last?

Discussion in '3rd Gen - 2007 - 2017' started by cmiles97, May 10, 2019.

1. B-McD

B-McD Full Access Members

I replaced the stock Pirelli's with the Michelin LTX's at 49K miles. Much improved ride, noise, and wet grip improvement, even compared to when the Pirelli's were new.

cmiles97 likes this.
  2. Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean Full Access Members

Bought my truck with 56,000 miles or so and brand new BFG KO2’s. Truck now has 126,000 on it and these tires will make it through the year before needing replaced. I’m expecting 85,000 miles or so out of them. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cmiles97 likes this.
  3. ManUpOrShutUp

ManUpOrShutUp Full Access Members

I got less than 35K out of the Pirelli Scorpions that were put on by the dealer when I bought my truck (rated for 65K I believe). I've got about 25K on the Michelin LTXs that replaced them and they're nowhere near end of life.

4. jeff kushner

jeff kushner Full Access Members

I have approaching 67K on my original Hankooks....will prob replace before next winter.

jeff

5. scottdm

scottdm Full Access Members

Noticed your signature photo. How did your Expedition do at Silver Lake? Also curious how you attached your flag. I visit friends in Grand Rapids periodically, and would enjoy taking my Expedition to Silver Lake. Last time I was there with my Toyota Tacoma and had lots of fun.

6. intense98neon

intense98neon Member

It did good, I aired down to about 10psi and I could go about anywhere without beating on it. It is the gear/kid hauler up there, we have quads as well so it does sit for part of the day. I will say this, when it gets stuck, she is stuck! I just need to give it more skinny pedal!

7. DallasDan

DallasDan New Member

67K is impressive for Hancooks! My 2016 came with Hancook Dynapro HT's and at 43k miles the rears depth are 3/32" and fronts are 4/32", rotated at every 5k oil change. I've found the rears to slip easily from start when I'm making a turn and the fronts got progressively noisy when making slow turns. I generally drive conservatively.

I'm considering replacing them with Michelin Defender LTX M/S

8. Cy Webit

Cy Webit Active Member

Got 4 new WRANGLER FORTITUDE HT - SIZE: 275/65R18 from TireRack. Went with the blackwalls. They have a good price at $183.99 per tire plus a Goodyear mail in rebate (when you buy 4) for $60! I picked them up from their DE location to save another $64 bucks! So for a set of 4, $620 (before installation). Pretty psyched.

cmiles97 likes this.
  9. cmiles97

cmiles97 Full Access Members

That's great. For others, there are many Wrangler tires, the Fortitude HT are the ones that are lasting for a long time. Even though the fine print says 65,000 is not for LT sizes, the reviews and my experience with them is they do last for many miles.

I'll be on the look out for a deal because I might have to change them out before winter. I'll be well over 65,000 miles by then. I'm still pleased & surprised that Ford put on OEM tires that last this long.

I've had goodyear tires in the the past but none have lasted this long.