How many extra amps does ford allow for on a circuit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
DVD player was installed by dealer and they used a fuse tap. Too bad they didn’t notice they blew the camera system and some other stuff using the fuse where they did. I need either 3 or 6 amps depending on if Voxx is showing 36 watts for one or both monitors.

the only unused fuse space for a micro two like the tap has either has no power at all and is just for holding a spare fuse, or the tap needs to be flipped to work and can’t because of the space constraints.

anybody know how much extra load the circuits can take? Don’t want to blow things like those guys did. I can’t just take it back. They are 600 miles away. not a helpful bunch on that end either.

I did find the dvd will run on the moonroof circuit, which is something I will never use, but it’s not keyed power so that is a nonstarter.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After searching the online manual for your year it appears you don't have one. But it does have 3 power points.

OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Solved this by putting their fuse tap in the steering wheel heat fuse. That is keyed. Not sure I will use the heat when playing dvd. It’s 20 amp fuse and I think the dvd is 4 amps.