How to de-badge?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hey guys, quick question. how to debadge a 2000 eddie bauer?

based off of my research, goo-gone, blow dryer, and some thread...

but i'm not even completely sure it's held on by adhesive and not bolted on?

anyone with the same vehicle know? or if all expy's are the same? not so sure...

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fender emblems leave holes in the fender so unless you can do body work you will have holes... I believe the rear hatch is the same but I'm not 100%

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
fender emblems leave holes in the fender so unless you can do body work you will have holes... I believe the rear hatch is the same but I'm not 100%

thanks for the reply man, glad you notified me before i started peeling away. so how would i get it debadged?

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score

few more questions for you walnuts, what brand are your headlights and tail lights, nerf bar, and where did you get the deflector for the rear window?

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yes, rear liftgate badge will leave holes as well. for the nerf bars and deflector, you can find that stuff on ebay, or just google and pick a website. his looks like a westin nerf bar. as for lights, they are R8 lights, you can find his thread in the show and tell forum under lights i think.

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yes, rear liftgate badge will leave holes as well. for the nerf bars and deflector, you can find that stuff on ebay, or just google and pick a website. his looks like a westin nerf bar. as for lights, they are R8 lights, you can find his thread in the show and tell forum under lights i think.

lol, i know where to find them. i usually shop from JCwhitney so i was wondering what kind it was. i will search for westin. from what i know they're pretty reliable, my friend has a bull bar from them.

and thanks, the lights look awesome! R8 is that for the head lights and tail lights? i can't find one of those rear deflectors anywhere though lol

Tuffy

Full Access Members
Reaction score

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
headlights. sorry, i wasnt trying to make it sound like you didnt know how to use the internet....i will try and find the air deflector. i found it once before.

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would just get a grille. That is what I am planning on doing, not a fan of the stock 97-02 grille.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T-Re...rQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_4040wt_939

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T-Re...rQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_4164wt_939

btw...these are the lights I am looking at getting. Think if they are white they are legal which is why I am going with these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1002wt_1165

yeah i'm definitley going to get a grille. by the way, the one you chose as well as the lights look awesome! i might just get the same ones, lol.

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
headlights. sorry, i wasnt trying to make it sound like you didnt know how to use the internet....i will try and find the air deflector. i found it once before.

lol no problem man you're good. yeah i'd like to know about the deflector and the tail lights, they both look awesome, especially with the color of the car. mine is the burgandy/mahogony color. doesn't really look good unless it's waxed.