How to de-badge?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i dont like the 97-98 grill. it dents in right in the middle. rubbs against my lights. when i start putting money in my truck im going to get a new grill. and put the lights on the bumper im going to make. i would much rather have the 99-02 grill. a nicer grill. or get a billet.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
here is a style of deflector that you might like:

Lund Rear Window Deflectors from andysautosport.com.
you can also try GTO or EGR

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no problem. i like all of them. kinda like that lund one. saw it on an expy once and it looked sharp.

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no problem. i like all of them. kinda like that lund one. saw it on an expy once and it looked sharp.

what's your opinion on the visors for the top of the windshield? oh and do you think i could fit 37's on an 18 inch rim with a 3 inch lift?

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if its just a 3" lift, no. you would have to do LOTS of trimming to make them fit. biggest you could probably fit with a 3" would be 35's and you would still get a little bit of rubbing. how wide is the rim? i have 18x9 with 35's and i dont rub, but i have 4" lift. as for visors over windshield, sometimes they look good. sometimes they dont. a member (dgray) has one on his truck...take a look in the show and tell threads and you will see it in the lets see your rides section, and in his sig.

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if its just a 3" lift, no. you would have to do LOTS of trimming to make them fit. biggest you could probably fit with a 3" would be 35's and you would still get a little bit of rubbing. how wide is the rim? i have 18x9 with 35's and i dont rub, but i have 4" lift. as for visors over windshield, sometimes they look good. sometimes they dont. a member (dgray) has one on his truck...take a look in the show and tell threads and you will see it in the lets see your rides section, and in his sig.

the rim would either be 18x9 or 18x8, the 18x9 i was looking at was only 15 bucks more expensive so why not go with that, how about a 4 inch lift, 37's, 18x9" rim, and wheel spacers?

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im thinking about doing something like that if i can. but then again im thinking completely different than anyone else. long travel. but then im getting flares and rear flares from a company thats on this forum. so its going to be a desert truck. as for visors i like dgrays but i wouldnt get it.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
even with 4", you are still going to have to do a lot of trimming. there is a guy on virtualford.org named thermo. talk to him. he has our generation expy and he has the 4" lift with 37's. and he will tell you, lots of trimming involved. if you want 37's, plan on at least 4" + 3". that is what im going with. that is pretty much the minimum you are going to need.