HVAC Actuators - number in dash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobgriner

Reaction score
How many actuators does a 2008 ford expedition have in the dash?

(1) Above driver's gas pedal (upper/lower blend door?)
(2) Behind the radio (hot/cold blend door?)
(3) Rear storage area/3rd row passenger side behind plastic cover (hot/cold blend door?)

(4) Is there another one somewhere in the front dash? Mine does "not" have dual climate control for the front driver/passenger sides.

JimR_TN

Reaction score
Someone shared the below with me last year. I deleted the extra temperature blend door actuator since you don't have dual climate controls. So 3 in the front, one for which vents, one for temp, one mode door (recirculation).

* defrost/panel/floor mode door actuator: underneath the LH side of the instrument panel
* Mode Door Actuator — Air Inlet Door: RH lower A pillar
* Temperature Blend Door Actuator — RH : center stack behind the stereo
* Auxiliary Mode Door Actuator — Expedition, Navigator: under the rear RH quarter trim panel utility tray.
* Auxiliary Temperature Blend Door Actuator — Expedition, Navigator: behind the rear RH quarter trim panel

OP
OP
bobgriner

bobgriner

Reaction score
JimR_TN >> the "* Mode Door Actuator — Air Inlet Door: RH lower A pillar"

Is this above the fuse panel of the right side of the passenger floorboard? You have any kind of visual diagram for these?

JimR_TN

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don’t. I replaced the other 2 actuators in the front but that one hasn’t failed. I believe that one is just for recirculation, switches from outside air to inside air, especially on Max AC.

OP
OP
bobgriner

bobgriner

Reaction score
I have replaced the one above the drivers foot and the one behind the radio. When I switch from upper vent to lower floor, I seem to still have some air flow on the passenger dash. I'm trying to determine if there are any specific actuators that affect this. I do "not" have dual zone temp control.