Hypermiling the 3.5.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
HUH!!!??? Where in this thread did Andy's character come into question???????????????????????????????????????? Nobody said anything about Andy not being a nice guy

Just because someone is nice doesn't mean theyre always right

This thread has officially gone off the rails. Later
Bye Felicia.

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You edited your post but it originally said “know it all Andy”....

I took issue with that only. Nothing else :) promise. How fun when threads go off the rails lol. Here’s to bringing it back on track:

5acf60fcbbf472bd6e18e042c7a6e86a.jpg

Going to have some fun with this Prius tomorrow. I’ll post my MPG results just for fun. On a normal driving day, this car gets three times the mileage of the Expedition. But I can say without a doubt, I wouldn’t own one. They aren’t that amazing in my opinion. Road noise is terrible, the ride isn’t that good and the interior is so dated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You edited your post but it originally said “know it all Andy”....

I took issue with that only. Nothing else :) promise. How fun when threads go off the rails lol. Here’s to bringing it back on track:

5acf60fcbbf472bd6e18e042c7a6e86a.jpg

Going to have some fun with this Prius tomorrow. I’ll post my MPG results just for fun. On a normal driving day, this car gets three times the mileage of the Expedition. But I can say without a doubt, I wouldn’t own one. They aren’t that amazing in my opinion. Road noise is terrible, the ride isn’t that good and the interior is so dated.

Andy is a know it all but that doesn't mean he's not a nice guy. And you should have quoted me if that's what I really said

Youre wrong about a whole lot of things on here to but that doesn't mean your character should be questioned

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Andy is a know it all but that doesn't mean he's not a nice guy. And you should have quoted me if that's what I really said

Youre wrong about a whole lot of things on here to but that doesn't mean your character should be questioned

reported

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Never said I was a know it all. I know a lot of things and I do a lot of research. I also talk to a lot of knowledgeable people and I learn from them. I am the first to admit when I am wrong.

I've never had a submersible fuel pump fail. I have been driving for almost 44 years so there is some experience although with changing technology not all of it applies.

I have a friend that has owned his own repair shop for the past 20+ years and what I related to the group about fuel pumps is what he told me based on his 40 years of auto industry experience. Run your tank dry it's really no skin off my nose. If you like dropping tanks and changing fuel pumps, just keep doing what you are doing. I hope you are right and you never lose one.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone needs to relax, myself included. The forum has been high tension lately and we are all butting heads.... is there a master reset on this thing?;)

Last edited:

Plati

Reaction score
Yeah, I've learned a lot on here past few weeks ... which is MY point to be here. I hope I've returned the favor by sharing some (EXPY) experiences I've had which might help someone else. Nobody should be afraid to share their opinion or get blasted for it. If that was (is) the case then a lot of good ideas would be stifled. Uncool.

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those of you guys that do the readylift, is that affecting your mileage? Is it making enough of an aerodynamic change that is actually lowers your numbers?

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Those of you guys that do the readylift, is that affecting your mileage? Is it making enough of an aerodynamic change that is actually lowers your numbers?

Nope my tires hurt mpg though. When I had the Readylift with stock 275/55/20s I saw no change in mpg