I have cam phaser issue :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wrangler6061

Reaction score
How in the world are they having this problem with the new engine too? (I have an old 2007 Expedition with the 5.4L Trition V8.. and I had to have my phasers replaced.... via the extended warranty thank goodness!) SURELY Ford learned their lesson on this problem with the old engines.. but I guess not - as it sounds like it happens on the new V6 too... BTW..mine made a horrible racket.. mine wasn't a cold start noise..mine was a bad clacking noise with the engine running a little faster than idle.. Maybe 1200 rpm.. REALLY noticeable if I was up against a brick wall - such as when you go through the drive through window at your local pharmacy.... Good luck!

Bill Schell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How in the world are they having this problem with the new engine too?

A lot of people are asking the same question. How this is NOT showing up in pre-production testing is unbelievable. From most all accounts, the EcoBoost ticky-tick sound was never as bad as the Triton series and the overall case rate of cam phasers/timing chain failure is better on the latest D35 engine.

But better dosen't mean much to us customers with near brand new rigs experiencing the problem. What concerns me most is that, if the replacement parts are the same as original, does this happen again?

Julio Walker

Reaction score
2018 with 33k miles Got cam phasers done last November...in the shop for 25 days waiting on back ordered parts. The cam phaser rattle startup came back by June...so 8 months and phaser still having issues.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
A lot of people are asking the same question. How this is NOT showing up in pre-production testing is unbelievable. From most all accounts, the EcoBoost ticky-tick sound was never as bad as the Triton series and the overall case rate of cam phasers/timing chain failure is better on the latest D35 engine.

But better dosen't mean much to us customers with near brand new rigs experiencing the problem. What concerns me most is that, if the replacement parts are the same as original, does this happen again?
GM's 3.6l V6 also has the timing chain/phaser issue. GM recommends engine replacement