I need the idiots guide to AppLink on my Navigator with iPhone 7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have poured through the videos on the Lincoln and Ford site about using AppLink with my iPhone and can’t get any apps to show up in sync3. My phone is connected via usb and I can stream pandora but there is no icon in the sunc3 Mobile app area. Any ideas or suggestions would be great. I’ve tried pandora and accuweather apps and no luck.
I may also post this on the general board as well.

philggg

Reaction score
You only see the Iphone apps when you click on the Apple Carplay tab. Then, you only will see certain apps from your phone. Apple restricts the apps it allow to use carplay. (Eg: They will not allow any other mapping application other than Apple Maps). They have never published explicit rules for what apps they will allow, but it seems to be only Audio apps.

OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You only see the Iphone apps when you click on the Apple Carplay tab. Then, you only will see certain apps from your phone. Apple restricts the apps it allow to use carplay. (Eg: They will not allow any other mapping application other than Apple Maps). They have never published explicit rules for what apps they will allow, but it seems to be only Audio apps.
I can get CarPlay to work no problem, I am trying to use AppLink. AppLink let’s you use certain apps without going through CarPlay, instead you use sync3 to access them. The ‘mobile app’ button is right next to the ‘Navigation’ button on the Navigator sync3 display.

OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You have to disable CarPlay and turn on app link in the settings and all should work
CarPlay is disabled but I didn’t know I have the option to actually enable AppLink, I’ll look through the settings again. I must be getting old if tech is becoming difficult ‍♂️.

OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You have to disable CarPlay and turn on app link in the settings and all should work
I just checked and AppLink is enabled.... still nothing. I have pandora open and it doesn’t show up, same with accuweather. Apparently the Lincoln-Alexa isn’t working with the most updated iPhone iOS.

OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went and messed with it more and got nothing. I turned off Bluetooth and connected phone with cable, sync sees my phone but mobile app section keeps saying to connect a phone. Idk what to do at this point. Going to try a different cable because the one I’m using isn’t from Apple. There isn’t a specific app I need to make this work is there? What apps do you have that you know for a fact work?

OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got it to work, I wasn’t aware of the latest iOS update, for whatever reason my phone didn’t automatically update so I did it manually. Yeah I’m not the sharpest spoon in the drawer lol

Thanks for yalls input!!

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Related question (possibly): every single darn time I turn on my truck (Expi) I get a message pop up telling me that sync can automatically check for updates; I’m given the option to view available networks or close....how can I make it stop?

I already have automatic updates enabled and I am connected to my home WiFi, so everything the system needs to automatically check for the system updates is already turned on! It’s just annoying to have to click “close” every single time I go somewhere. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk