I really like Expedition, but the terrible suspension is getting to me...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
armoredsaint

armoredsaint

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2018 Limited w/ 22” & CCD .. the suspension is horrid. We’ve had ours for a little over a year now and it seems to be getting worse - I’m going to check the shocks to see if any leaks but the constant wallowing, harsh hits on any significant bump in the road is not acceptable. I typically drive but times I’ve been in the back with my son, the ride feels like a cheap carnival roller coaster. Mine is a lease otherwise I’d do bilsteins and sway bar (only because seems to be common agreement here on forum)..otherwise we love the truck.
that's how i feel, it seems to suck more and more with time. i drive through hills and dips and it's damn scary sometimes at night for proper control

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that's how i feel, it seems to suck more and more with time. i drive through hills and dips and it's damn scary sometimes at night for proper control

If you have trouble in the bigger whoop type rolling bumps, thats where the rear bar will help.
If I hit a dip on just the right side of the road, mine dives and acts like a damn bobble-head for a few seconds. Try putting it in Sport just to see if it gets better. If it gets better, you know its in the shock valving, etc. The stiffer rear bar basically borrows spring rate from side to side and basically stiffens the rear suspension up by limiting each sides ability to move so freely.

Westcoast20

Reaction score
It's been 3 months and 10k miles, it wobbles and it crashes on uneven roads and it just vibrates throughout the cabin, it's getting annoying to me. Also it's so floaty...

ETA: damn can't edit the title and i have 22" and CCD

WAS PLANNING ON GETTING AN EXPEDITION NEXT MONTH, THIS SOLIDIFIES IT, NO WAY!!! LAST TIME I CHECKED THE WAY YOUR CAR RIDES IS RATHER IMPORTANT! I’ll wait for the new Land Cruiser.

OP
OP
armoredsaint

armoredsaint

Full Access Members
Reaction score
WAS PLANNING ON GETTING AN EXPEDITION NEXT MONTH, THIS SOLIDIFIES IT, NO WAY!!! LAST TIME I CHECKED THE WAY YOUR CAR RIDES IS RATHER IMPORTANT! I’ll wait for the new Land Cruiser.
No need to shout brosef.

Test drive it and maybe you might feel differently.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Yea you may want to drive one with both suspension types. Also, not everyone here who has the ccd has this problem, most ppl who have ccd like the way it rides, it seems to be a problem with some trucks and it happens over time. From my understanding, the initial ride and overall ride of the expy and navy (i say navy bc if u have lc money, you can def get a navy which is a better truck still for the same price) is more comfortable than a lc or lx570.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I actually like the ride, even in ECO and Normal modes.

Then again, my first car was a 1969 Cadillac Eldorado. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Don’t write it off. Check into a limited with 301a package. No ccd.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My dad would LOVE the way this CCD rides in normal/eco.
Its all in personal preference! I like it firmer.