I'm probably the only one who had this problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nycnftm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Someone once said, things happen to you that never happen to anyone else ever...

Stuck in traffic, decided to recline the seat a bit. When I reached for the lever I cut my finger, and it was messy and hurt. Had to look down and see what caused it when got home. Photos below. I tried to bend the spring back with needle nose pliers and couldn't, I'll always remember when reaching for that thing again

spring - 1.jpg

spring - 2.jpg

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep, never seen/done that yet!! Heat shrink w/solder iron, rubber cap or hit with a Dremel SOON before you get reminded with another slice. OOOOOO:oops::confused:

Will be checking mine out, I have a Dremel

JVinOlathe

Reaction score
Take a round plastic bead (kids seem to have them), make sure the hole is big enough to attach to the end of the spring, place some super glue on the hole and slide it at the end of the spring but make sure the end of the spring stays inside the bead. wait until is dry and no more problems.

Bilsto

Reaction score
That was my thinking. Unhook the spring and turn the sharp side toward the inside. Someone must have fooled with that before you got the truck.