Intelligent Access and Auto Start-Stop Fails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

APCO_P25

Reaction score
But now over the past couple months we’ve also noticed that the intelligent access feature (opening or locking door by placing hand on door handle sensors with key close by) only works on the driver door.
Hello
After the Sync3 System Update I had always the same Problem. I do each a Master Reset on the SYNC3 System and after this it works fine.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
I heard if something plugged in at the trailer hitch disables it. I never meet anyone one who likes this feature. I hear vehicles are 'restarting' at stop signs

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I heard if something plugged in at the trailer hitch disables it. I never meet anyone one who likes this feature. I hear vehicles are 'restarting' at stop signs

That will do it but it also disables your rear parking sensors.

I don’t mind the auto start stop.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just a reminder on the access. Your hand going behind the handle is what unlocks it. Tapping the button on top of the handle locks it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VictorB

Reaction score
I had my 2018 Expedition serviced on Monday for smart locks not working on any doors and I had start / stop not working for few month. they diagnosed it as intrusion sensor failure and replaced the part (EB3Z-15K609-A) all door locks started to work normally and engine start / stop started to work as well. may be a coincidence.

VictorB

Reaction score
have your dealer inspect intrusion sensor. I had mine replaced on monday for the same issue - only driver door's smart lock was working and start / stop was not working at all. they replaced intrusion sensor and everything is working now. Part replaced EB3Z-15K609-A

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
have your dealer inspect intrusion sensor. I had mine replaced on monday for the same issue - only driver door's smart lock was working and start / stop was not working at all. they replaced intrusion sensor and everything is working now. Part replaced EB3Z-15K609-A

That’s interesting...I wonder what the connection is. Perhaps a faulty intrusion sensor is a battery drain? Because it’s absolutely a battery issue, so I’m just trying to think of the connection between the two.

Thanks!

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Duplicate post..thanks tapatalk

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That’s interesting...I wonder what the connection is. Perhaps a faulty intrusion sensor is a battery drain? Because it’s absolutely a battery issue, so I’m just trying to think of the connection between the two.

Thanks!

X2 on that. Could this sensor be the drain we are looking for. If I charge by battery all the problems go away. I just don’t drive mine much right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk