Is this clicking the A/C thing I see mentioned in other forums?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

postwick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just started today. Only happens for maybe 10 seconds when I first start the truck.

Probably a coincidence but the first time I heard it was after I disconnected and reconnected the battery today to get rid of the check engine light (that I caused by forgetting to reconnect the engine air temp sensor after changing the air filter).

Ignore the hissing sound. That's the radio on a static station for my Bluetooth adapter.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah. That's your temp control actuator trying to adjust the temp blend door. Very common failure.
That one has a "D" shaft.

EdXxdy.jpg

Last edited:

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As above, common failure - and there are several of them. So far I have had the one behind the stereo head unit fail (replaced that one, easy) and the one under the heater core fail (I may or may not eventually replace that one).

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any issue with just disconnecting it for now so I don't have to listen to it clicking?

You can just disconnect the electrical connector. Just make sure you install the new one before plugging it in. There's a warning in the service manual that plugging it in before installation will result it the actuator's proper position being lost.

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Turn your right overhead control back slowly from the red and it will probably stop. Still get air flow from rear. Is what I do for now. Do not get a cheap Ford branded actuator from Amazon. Clicked from the start. Sent mine back & got one from Tasca Ford Parts.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yup thats it

Can usually be muted by adjusting temp control from one extreme to the other and back. Or by balancing out front and rear temperatures.

Or you can just fix it, the part ain't expensive.