It's here! Setina PB400 Push bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
These are built to order, so it's been about 6weeks(?) since I placed my order, through a 3rd party.
First impression, it's a lot heavier than I expected, was supposed to be 24lbs but, I think that is ONLY the weight of the actual unit, LESS hardware. Total weight probably closer to double the claim.
Second...the packaging is out of sight! Really happy about that.
Third...it appears all parts are here, and in great condition. There are some decals, that will most likely be removed, once installation is complete.

Local Dragstrip (Rch Dragway) closed due to power outages to remnants of Hurricane Michael.
Since my Pushbar came in, I'm reconsidering one last trip to the dragstrip in my quest to crack the 13 second barrier. The other place VMP is having SuperChevy weekend, and MIR is not having Test n Tune this weekend at all, as far as I can tell. The weather is supposed to be mega nice for power, so that leaves me with an "unknown" as a possibility to cure what ails me...Capitol Raceway near Crofton/Odenton MD on Sunday. Which gives me all day Saturday to get PB on, gap spark plugs, install catback exhaust/JMS Pedalmax & Boostmax, find my suction mount for Sony ActionCam, get couple bags of ice in cooler, pack Genny and a couple fans, then get up to Maryland for a test-n-tune run at cracking 13's. At which point, I'd truly be disgusted if after all of that effort, I can't eventually record at least ONE mid 13...

Pics...

IMG_20181012_194035081.jpg

IMG_20181012_193723898.jpg

IMG_20181012_193636550.jpg

IMG_20181012_193319759.jpg

IMG_20181012_193614560.jpg

OP
OP

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
BTW, this particular version of the pb400 is Aluminum, not steel. The hardware, is steel though.

OP
OP

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got 'er dun!!!
Plus I plugged in the JMS Pedalmax, there was a neat little metal frame under the steering wheel, right where the dash panel ends, just to the right of the OBD port. It's almost like it was made specifically for it. Probably a blank frame for one of the "high on the hog package" options.

One of the many good features of this particular push bar, is retention of tow hooks. The only other minor modifications are trimming the small plastic intercooler grill at the top left and top right, where they're sort of "half moons," (dremel) and removal of the plastic "dust boots" that surround the tow hooks (they snap in/out, once you remove the plastic pin anchors for the fog light wiring).
Installation was rather uneventful, due to the fantastic instructions provided. The worst of it, was getting to the three 10mm bolts ON both sides (inside the inner fenders) that hold the entire front fascia on, and the single boot up front in the center below the Ford badge in the grill. Didn't even need to jack the vehicle up, though if a 4 post lift we're at my disposal, the entire task could have been completed a lot faster, saving me from crawling around on the ground. Such it is when you're a cheap bastard, and have little trust (in today's climate) of any shop taking time to do the job right, and not secretly break tabs, so much efffin plastic in cars today.

18 pictures in the following link...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cwG1wBp19ywFu7Po7

Last edited:
OP
OP

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Number 1 reason, not 2 weeks into ownership, a halfwit pulled into a parking space adjacent to the front of my Expedition, and smacked into it. She was ratted out by a witness, who took the time to write me a courtesy note, with her license #. This was at a DMV office, so I waited until the person (didn't know at the time if it were old/young/man/woman) came back to their car. She admitted to hitting it, but said "I gotz out and looked, dint seese no damage," to which I replied, that "when I bought the thing less than 2 weeks prior, the neat feature of broken molded plastic, wasn't present, and it's awesome that YOU didn't care to leave me a note, with information, as a responsible adult would have, I had to rely on a witness."

She had an older Jeep Cherokee, and her bumper was the same height as the intercooler, there's no protection for it, zilch. I reasoned that if after 10 days of ownership, I got tagged, I probably will again, and maybe no witness, AND the intercooler gets crushed, so on the hunt for protection, that (to my eyes) looked almost oem. Enter Setina, as they have an awesome track record protecting first responder vehicles. It also is one of only two companies that had a push bumper specifically engineered for the 2018 Expedition.

EDIT... already available, at the time I was shopping. It also retains the tow hooks, the other did not (don't remember brand). I was sure the 3rd gen options would work, but was repeatedly told they would not. There were several brands available for the 3rd gen, but again most all of them rearequi permanent removal of tow hooks. There may be others now. Setina builds each of their products to order, from the time I found a decent price at a municipal parts dealer, it was almost 6 weeks before I had it. I'm in Virginia, Setina is in Washington state.
Very pleased with it, I realize there seems to be folks that either hate or like this or prefer the bull bar type. This particular model doesn't interfere with airbag deployment, and is modular, in that additional parts can be purchased at a later time to protect the fenders/headlights. Probably going to stay with what I've got. My intercooler may still get a pole through it, but at least my conscience is clear, that the regularity of parking lot wars will most likely not ruin my day again.

Last edited:

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I have on on my Explorer for the same reason and it has held up very well and certainly has saved my bumper. Now if I can figure out something to guard the stupid plastic rear bumper...

OP
OP

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have on on my Explorer for the same reason and it has held up very well and certainly has saved my bumper. Now if I can figure out something to guard the stupid plastic rear bumper...

I've thought about this one, but it only works if the object hitting you is square and inline with your vehicle. Not sure why they would not make at least wide enough to cover 70% of the rear width, maybe because it would be less effective due to deflection?

EDIT...link helps

http://superbumper.com/auto-service/sparebumper-2/

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was going to put a Setina push bar on my 17 Expy but I thought it was too big for my taste.

I decided to buy a Aries 3" bull bar. It is made of powder coated stainless steel https://www.ariesautomotive.com/part/B35-3007-3

Here are some pics along with a 26" 360 watt LED light bar. I did have to make a license plate bracket as the bull bar covered it. I also had to remove the front tow hooks. I am not sure I will need them. I had an 2005 Ford Excursion and I never used the front tow hooks.

I also have a rear bumper protector made by GoRhino http://www.gorhino.com/4-Oval-HitchStep

The only drawback so far is that my front parking sensors are always buzzing. I can turn them off but every time I start the car, they default back to the ON position. Maybe I can disconnect the two inner sensors?

IMG_0330.jpg IMG_0332.jpg IMG_0334.jpg IMG_0328.jpg IMG_0329.jpg