JLT oil catch can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My JLT 3.0 just arrived this morning (ordered from JLT last week) Took only a few minutes to install on the '16 Expy. Took longer to read the instructions and gather tools. Rotate the intake PCV hose about 45 degrees on the can towards the fire wall and route the hose in between the two existing hoses for a nice fit. Just need a 10mm wrench and #2 philips. Use silicone grease on the stainless steel mount screws.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1500mi is a bit much I fill it every 350

they make one for the v8 but the v8 doesn't have the issue the ecoboost does with the direct injection not cleaning out the intake and oil coking up also turbo engines need it more then NA as you have piston ring blow by of fuel and you don't want fuel thinning out your oil

This will not help with piston ring blowby and fuel getting in the oil. That issue is caused by piston ring wear where the fuel in the cylinder gets by the worn rings into the crankcase from compression. All the catch can does is keep oil vapor out of the intake system for a cleaner burn on any engine - NA, turbo or supercharged. The EB and any direct injection only engines may develop an issue with oil residue building up on the intake valve stem and the can will help with this. 2 Gen EB also have intake port injection which may help with the valve problem. Using the Ford recommended oil and frequent changes will go along way in keeping the engine and turbos happy.

Last edited:

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Pulled the canister on my JLT catch can earlier this afternoon and there was a surprising amound of oil in the can. Looked like coffee with cream (but probably not as tasty).

Roughly 1000 miles on the truck since install. A bit less than 40 ml (1.35 oz) of oil in there so every 1000 miles looks like a good maintenance schedule as the can holds 90 ml. Did little armstrong hose rerouting while I was in there.

IMG_3741[1].JPG

-- Chuck

Last edited: