Keep your fuel level up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
1955moose

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok that was funny, shouldn't be but god I laughed about the bus. Tom I'm just messin with you about the pinto. Sad story though, my older sister got rear ended by another vehicle years back, when they were evacuating for Mount St. Helens in Washington.She was driving a pinto. Her car caught fire. Thank god my brother in law was 2 cars back and pulled her out. You'd think after all these mistakes,and recalls, and law suits Ford, and the others should be building perfect cars/trucks by now. Instead it's getting worse. Wonder what lovely failures we get to look forward to in 2017. Our members will let us know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is something to consider. How many electric motors do you know of are cool to the touch after running for a while? The fuel pump is cooled through conduction by the fuel flow and being submerged in fuel tank.
In order for the tank to explode there needs to be enough oxygen within the tank to support combustion along with an ignition source . A hot motor probably isn't enough by itself.

I have to agree with stamp on this The pump is what is being cooled from fuel flowing thru the pump The motor turns the pump Therefore some cooling conduction is transferred to the motor But I would say that the cooling effect is very little compared to the cooling effect of the motor if it is submerged in the fuel.

OP
OP
1955moose

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you, it's what I've always been told through the years, by people smarter than I. I've got a Shell card and a Chevron card, and a big Green Monster that gets on average 10 mpg. I've got to use those little plastic cards in my wallet a lot!

Nick Greggs

Reaction score
Thank you, it's what I've always been told through the years, by people smarter than I. I've got a Shell card and a Chevron card, and a big Green Monster that gets on average 10 mpg. I've got to use those little plastic cards in my wallet a lot!

you definatly get better fuel milage than mine i was getting 4 on the highway average

OP
OP
1955moose

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's what it's all about. Used to do the same thing, bantering on my CB radio, back in the '70's. It was a slow news day on the forum . Can't have that on a Friday! Got to have fun, right?

OP
OP
1955moose

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
4 mpg! Try releasing the ebrake! Ha.

Nick Greggs

Reaction score
well it has a code for running lean surprisingly enough and i never drive with the parking brake engaged

OP
OP
1955moose

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was funnin nick! Do you really get 4 mpg?