Keyless entry stopped responding to key fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2001 EB no longer responds to any of my key fobs (2 are brand new). The problem started at least a year a go when it took multiple times of me hitting the buttons to get it to respond and as time progresses it responded less and less. I swapped batteries in the remote and reprogrammed my new fobs to the car as well as the original and they all worked but it still occasionally would take my me multiple button hits. Some times after hitting it a bunch of times it would unlock then respond to the remote just fine. My lock switch inside the truck works just fine. I feel like its a loose connector somewhere for the transmitter but if anyone has any ideas let me know!

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the security module for the remotes is located above the fuse box/gem if you had any problems with a leaky windshield it's possible that water could has caused some corrosion on the wiring

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my expy did that before but it uses an older style remote since it is a '97 model. there was no windshield leak when I looked. turned out to be the remote where the batteries make contact.
in the second picture you can see where the battery has a couple of little fingers grasping the battery, I had to bend them so that they had some pretension on the battery to make better contact, I did this with any connector that was made as any kind of spring and the problem has not returned from either remote. and to note, these are ones I bought for $1.50 a piece.
5Drkql1.jpg
k7hdGxC.jpg

OP
OP
splintrcel

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will check over my remotes again and it is possible i have a leaky windshield. The seal has some chips in it and is probably 5 years old or more. I will have to dive under the dash. Thanks guys