LED Headlight Bulbs (Low & High beams)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mak725

Reaction score
I have both low and high led from xentech and they work flawless in my 16 limited, so much brighter

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I have both low and high led from xentech and they work flawless in my 16 limited, so much brighter
But its really not, its actually just putting light where it doesn't belong leading you to believe its brighter. Much better off with a quality HID in the projector

OP
OP
shinysideup2

shinysideup2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Quality HID bulbs for the low beam in the projector. Diode dynamic SL1 led for the high beam.

Low beam Hid because they still maintain a good cutoff in the halogen projector but put much more light on the road

High beam SL1 because the led chips are positioned exactly like the original halogen so it distributes light exactly how the halogen would. Typically with an led you get so much streaking and scatter it cancels out any of the good they provide. Meaning light will improve in some ways but fall off in others.
Which HID kit are you using for your low beams? Would you recommend it?

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Check out this video.

Theretrofitsource.com and diodedynamics and lightwerkz are the only places I'll order lighting products from. The bulbs used in this video are all Morimoto/profile products and they make sure the led chip/hid capsule are correctly positioned to distribute light as the projector was designed to. All these other chinese manufacturers aren't so they are hit or miss.

Plus as you can see the hid outout kicks the leds butt

OP
OP
shinysideup2

shinysideup2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Order one from diodedynamics.com. you won't be disappointed
That's out of my price range. I'm going to start with these $40 kits and see how they do. If they go up in smoke or perform poorly, I'll consider the premium brand you're recommending.

HID Kit 9005: http://a.co/d/30RQEfT

LED Bulb H9/H11: http://a.co/d/f8t0sn6 - similar to Halogen beam pattern (allegedly)

Why are Diode Dynamics kits so expensive (like 4x)?

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LEDs are garbage in reflector housings compared to halogens. The 15-17 trucks have really poor light output compared to the 07-14’ trucks reflector housing setup. They switched to a projector/halogen on many and it doesn’t cut the mustard. Some still used a reflector housing so depends what you have.

OP
OP
shinysideup2

shinysideup2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LEDs are garbage in reflector housings compared to halogens. The 15-17 trucks have really poor light output compared to the 07-14’ trucks reflector housing setup. They switched to a projector/halogen on many and it doesn’t cut the mustard. Some still used a reflector housing so depends what you have.
That's a bummer to hear. I have a 2017 EL Limited, so low beams are projectors. Thanks for the info. I'm going to try HID low beams to see if that helps any.