Led hi/low beams reversed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have to disagree on the headlights, every time I drive my wife’s Subaru I am reminded how terrible the expedition headlights are (stock) I have a 2008 model. I upgraded to LED lights about 2 years ago and there was a massive improvement over stock, still not as good as the Subaru, but much better. I would never go back to stock, I have never been flashed so I assume they are not dazzling oncoming vehicles. A very worthwhile mod/upgrade in my book..

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have to disagree on the headlights, every time I drive my wife’s Subaru I am reminded how terrible the expedition headlights are (stock) I have a 2008 model. I upgraded to LED lights about 2 years ago and there was a massive improvement over stock, still not as good as the Subaru, but much better. I would never go back to stock, I have never been flashed so I assume they are not dazzling oncoming vehicles. A very worthwhile mod/upgrade in my book..
I guess if you drive a lot at night but I can't see how leds are better than hid. Mine are better than any car I ever had but I don't need lighthouse beams for driving.

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love my LED headlight mod. Better light and 3 months in and no one has ever flashed their lights at me. Of course I did make sure they were adjusted properly and bought lights with a proper light pattern. For the OP.... I would send those lights back and go with a different brand. If you reverse your wiring at the Expy end then if you ever replace the lights they will be backwards again. Just my opinion.

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess if you drive a lot at night but I can't see how leds are better than hid. Mine are better than any car I ever had but I don't need lighthouse beams for driving.
My 2008 expedition never came with HID, just regular halogen bulbs in a simple reflector, the LED bulb seems to put out more light and the light is a nice white color rather than yellow tinge and just makes things easier to see at night and seems to give a bit more range, a HID setup might be better, but I am not aware of an HID for an 08 expedition.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2008 expedition never came with HID, just regular halogen bulbs in a simple reflector, the LED bulb seems to put out more light and the light is a nice white color rather than yellow tinge and just makes things easier to see at night and seems to give a bit more range, a HID setup might be better, but I am not aware of an HID for an 08 expedition.
The Expys don't have HID (which I forgot) but my HID's are fine. When I bought it it had one light out so I bought 2 new bulbs online for $15 and sold the good old one for $15. One good thing is that that they come in different color ranges so I opted for one step up (whiter) from the stock one and the higher the color temp (bluer) the weaker they are and the more people you will upset so I am happy with my 5000 Kelvin temp ones. The stock ones were 4500 k temp.

inmanlanier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Years back on my Chevy Astro the dealership replaced a dead headlight under warranty. As my bride was trained - she inspected the installation when she went to pick up the van. As the service writer was chuckling watching her do the inspection, she pointed out that it was installed upside down. When he started by saying it doesn't matter, how do you know anyway - she said I can read - the words are upside down. When he continued to try and blow her off - she now laughed and said - OK - you asked for it - now you get to deal with my husband.

She had him call me, using a little Socratic logic, I made him feel about as smart as a snail. They got the technician out and swapped it right away.

Having not pulled these headlight assemblies out - can they go in upside down? I would expect not but I've never looked at my front end with that perspective.