LED Puddle Lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
http://www.daytimebrightlites.com/ I have a 08 XLT and got these from Dan at Daytime Bright lites..easy install and they are really bright
Many moons ago I replaced the halogen puddle lights on my 2018 with these LEDs; I know several folks on here did the same. But fast-forward to today and the LED replacements are REALLY dim. Has anyone else that made this swap experienced a decline in the performance of these bulbs? I thought it might have been related to the poor condition of my battery but I just had it replaced a few weeks ago and the puddles haven't improved.

I don't really want to drop another $35 so I just wanted to see if anyone had any exciting ideas.

(Yes, I know Ford upgraded these lights to LED from the factory starting in MY2019, it's just us early adopters that got saddled with the crappy halogen puddles.)

Bow512

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Many moons ago I replaced the halogen puddle lights on my 2018 with these LEDs; I know several folks on here did the same. But fast-forward to today and the LED replacements are REALLY dim. Has anyone else that made this swap experienced a decline in the performance of these bulbs? I thought it might have been related to the poor condition of my battery but I just had it replaced a few weeks ago and the puddles haven't improved.

I don't really want to drop another $35 so I just wanted to see if anyone had any exciting ideas.

(Yes, I know Ford upgraded these lights to LED from the factory starting in MY2019, it's just us early adopters that got saddled with the crappy halogen puddles.)

Same here. Mine only had a few of the LED diodes or whatever they are still working. I just ended up swapping the crappy factory ones back in last month as they were brighter than what was left of the leds. I’d love a quality solution that will last.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same here. Mine only had a few of the LED diodes or whatever they are still working. I just ended up swapping the crappy factory ones back in last month as they were brighter than what was left of the leds. I’d love a quality solution that will last.

I emailed the company and will let you know what (if anything) I hear back.

In the meantime I bought these on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RVKTWD...abc_9Z8J7Q1ZFSZN5HDBNCB7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

They’re half the price so I figured I’d give them a whirl.

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My daytime britelites went dim as well. They warrantied them, and sent me a new set for free.

We'll see how long these last.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now Ford needs to ante up with insignia LED puddle lights like on the Lincolns and the Explorer ST. They're available at places like Amazon, but I'd rather add OEM quality parts for maybe a couple dollars more

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put on some led puddle lights from Amazon, definitely brighter, but I really didn't like that the connectors on them were not insulated. Ended up heat shrinking them to be sure they don't short.

StealthyBulldog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I usually only buy from vleds brand, had put them on my Caddy and kick myself for not taking them all out when I traded it in! The guy who bought it lives a block away and they are all still going strong and bright. Highly recommend.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do any models already have LED puddle lights? I want to say my 2019 303a has LEDs. They are bright and white, not your traditional halogen hue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk