Let's See Those Lifted / Big Tire Gen 4s!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PNWExpy

Reaction score
View attachment 72026
Talk about “going for it”
Tire and wheel package from National Tire and Wheel. Third package I’ve ordered from them and they have been great to deal with.
Wheels are Fuel Blitz 18x9 +20
Tires are Falken Wildpeak 295 70 18
Readylift kit arrives tomorrow and dealer will install Wednesday.
Then I will bolt these up and see what trimming / adjusting it needs.
Hopefully no issues and last piece will be order a tuner. Not sure if off the shelf or 5Star.
Going on a 2019 Stealth short Expy.
I will share experience / details after it’s finished.
Amazing the different look when comparing the factory 22’s to the 18’s. While I personally like the look of the 22’s, these will be more suited to our familiar style (more rubber, slight stance).
Ahhh yeah something about new tires that gets me too excited lol I was all for the KO2s but they didn’t have the 295. I really like the Wildpeaks now though. Although I’m gunna try to have them rebalanced for a 3rd time…

I agree that the 5 star tune is nice but I haven’t had perfect experience with mine. I bought my 2020 xlt with 7k on it. In the 3k I dove it without the tune it missed a gear once. After about 1500 miles with the five star tune in has fallen out of gear five times on the road now. Makes a big deal outta it too. Throws codes and goes into limp mode. Five star has redone one of the tunes to fix it. I’m currently running stock again to see if it falls out again. But besides that I enjoyed the 92 daily/tow tune. 92 performance wasn’t very smooth. Would drop four gears and send it when you really only wanted a slight downshift. Both tunes definitely take out the sluggish that the bigger tires add and make it peppy again.

pathfinder_88

Reaction score
Ahhh yeah something about new tires that gets me too excited lol I was all for the KO2s but they didn’t have the 295. I really like the Wildpeaks now though. Although I’m gunna try to have them rebalanced for a 3rd time…

I agree that the 5 star tune is nice but I haven’t had perfect experience with mine. I bought my 2020 xlt with 7k on it. In the 3k I dove it without the tune it missed a gear once. After about 1500 miles with the five star tune in has fallen out of gear five times on the road now. Makes a big deal outta it too. Throws codes and goes into limp mode. Five star has redone one of the tunes to fix it. I’m currently running stock again to see if it falls out again. But besides that I enjoyed the 92 daily/tow tune. 92 performance wasn’t very smooth. Would drop four gears and send it when you really only wanted a slight downshift. Both tunes definitely take out the sluggish that the bigger tires add and make it peppy again.
While it doesn’t completely solve the transmission annoyances, it’s much better. No issues on my ‘20 with it.

Roadguyser

Reaction score
2020 FX4 Max
I did the standard 3/2 Lift
Found some brand new OEM Raptor Takeoffs (wheels and tires) BFG 31570R17
No rubbing...a little bit of poke but not much...(which may be why they don’t rub!)
And just installed my Raptor style grille on the front!
Oh and swapped out all of headlight, fog light, and backup halogen bulbs for LED’s.
At the moment, we are calling it the RaptorEx Edition!

View attachment 42350

View attachment 42351

View attachment 42353

View attachment 42354

pathfinder_88

Reaction score
3/2 Readylift 295/70/18 Nitto Recon Grappler
I'm likely going the 3/2 as I've got CCD (although I ran into a Ford dealership owner that is planning to swap out his CCD shocks and attempt to be error-message free...will update on this). The one thing I'm not a fan of with lifting the rear is how much the tires continue to move forward in the wheel well. By design, there is no way around this I suppose as the suspension moves at an angle as travel increases...

TX-EXPMAX

Reaction score
You’re spot on about the rear tire moving forward. I’ve seen some where it doesn’t look bad and others where it is really pronounced. Can’t figure out what it is that makes the difference.

PNWExpy

Reaction score
I’ve seen it talked about but haven’t seen anyone do it. The gap really bugs me as well. I brought it to a few different buddies who do suspension/fabrication work and it seems like it would be possible to lengthen the two front arms by an inch. Everything is connected with bushings so it seems there’d be enough play. I’ve tried to put this outta my head as I have other projects to focus on but I do want to try it… if it really didn’t work you’d just have to replace the arms again.

Attachments

• B991137E-1FFB-426F-A6BB-9C71AD806826.jpeg
    B991137E-1FFB-426F-A6BB-9C71AD806826.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 80
  • D3FD4F33-B056-4E32-BB30-52612116FFB8.jpeg
    D3FD4F33-B056-4E32-BB30-52612116FFB8.jpeg
    211.3 KB · Views: 80

dave91gt

Reaction score
Well, the 3/2“ lift is on. No issues with CCD, handling, etc. The total lift in the front is under 3” so plan accordingly. Went to install the wheels and tires and found out the wrong lug nuts were included. Evidently Ford changed the thread pitch from the prev gen. New ones on the way. Some pics included.
1D803463-86C4-42A1-86B3-26BCE1798597.jpegD8D1439E-CCC2-4A07-A734-336422B3FC27.jpeg6FCDDF53-2BA3-450D-AEBC-AF08EDE06151.jpeg65D4E14B-1222-4575-81BF-82316FBDC76C.jpeg

pathfinder_88

Reaction score
I’ve seen it talked about but haven’t seen anyone do it. The gap really bugs me as well. I brought it to a few different buddies who do suspension/fabrication work and it seems like it would be possible to lengthen the two front arms by an inch. Everything is connected with bushings so it seems there’d be enough play. I’ve tried to put this outta my head as I have other projects to focus on but I do want to try it… if it really didn’t work you’d just have to replace the arms again.
I'd say the solution is a set of fabbed adjustable control arms ($$$) or a lengthened set as mentioned. Seeing as there's a lack of aftermaket options for lifts for the 4th gen, my assumption is there isn't enough of a market out there. Most moms don't want their expo's lifted...