Let's See Those Lifted / Big Tire Gen 4s!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jberzer

Reaction score
First post and long time lurker. 2018 Plati owned for about a year now. Learned a ton from these forums, thank you! Wastegate rattle fixed (Spring mod) thanks to you folks.

Just installed the RL 3/2 this past weekend with Continental Terrain Contact AT. 285/20/60. Slight rub on the running board at mid turn. Ride is excellent with these tires. Very quiet and much smoother than the 22”.

The Expedition handles the beaches so much better with the thicker sidewall.
Looks awesome, very well done. What offset are your wheels?

okidoki

Reaction score
2019 Platinum, 4x4, tow package

Just bought it (used), have no idea how it was raised, but I suspect Ready lift?

Tires: BF 315/70/17 All Terrain

Only right front rubs when full locked, doesn't poke. No idea why the left one is ok.

Came with some other options like spreader bar light and 2 headlights. Ordered the powered running boards from a salvage place and will install them soon. Not perfect for offroading, but better for my wife ;-)

We want to use it offroading this summer and take it to Utah/ Colorado/ Arizona. Did some trails here in South Florida, I have the feeling we're gonna need a skid plate as the bottom looks very unprotected. We like to go rockhouding and exploring and did a roadtrip during the covid shutdown with a 2017 2wd limited. I was happy with the car, but not so much with the 2x4 in some places, especially in the more remote places in Wyoming and such. Now we hopefully can go almost anywhere without too much to worry about.

Attachments

• tempImageFR6JSb.png
    tempImageFR6JSb.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 96
  • tempImagemDcp4D.png
    tempImagemDcp4D.png
    863.6 KB · Views: 117
  • tempImageMA1DzL.png
    tempImageMA1DzL.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 154
  • IMG_3528.jpg
    IMG_3528.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 155
  • tempImageixWeVV.png
    tempImageixWeVV.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 142

18Plat

Reaction score
Thanks @JimW…front hitches were custom made to fit the rod rack. Dual square 2” receiver tubes that mount to factory tow hook locations using the same bolts. Can be removed in the winter to put the tow hooks back on…