Leveling Kit and Suspension Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dion Rebello

Reaction score
Hello folks,

need advice please

I have decided to go with the ReadyLift levelling kit and would like to upgrade my shocks as well.

Usage - Desert driving and Wadi exploring

Please let me know the best option - Bilstein b6 4600 or the Bilstein b8 5100 series?

Looking forward to hearing from you...Thank you!

LRNAD90

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP
OP
Dion Rebello

Dion Rebello

Reaction score

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I'm looking for the same answers for a 2nd Generation. I have gone through the [very large] 2 gen forum. all i have found so far is damn little. it's a large forum, am i missing something?
I am new to this. I just bought a 2nd Gen [2004] 4x4 XLT 5.4L police package. my intent with any lift is to gain about 4" of ground clearance [measured at the differential] without increased wear on suspension, drive train, tires, etc.
any tips, ticks, hints, etc. would be helpful.
thanks for your time.
jg

LRNAD90

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm looking for the same answers for a 2nd Generation. I have gone through the [very large] 2 gen forum. all i have found so far is damn little. it's a large forum, am i missing something?
I am new to this. I just bought a 2nd Gen [2004] 4x4 XLT 5.4L police package. my intent with any lift is to gain about 4" of ground clearance [measured at the differential] without increased wear on suspension, drive train, tires, etc.
any tips, ticks, hints, etc. would be helpful.
thanks for your time.
jg

It appears that the same Ready Lift spacer lift Kit for the 3rd Gen trucks fits the 2nd gen as well. 33-34" tires are probably doable without too much issue, but I suspect you will need to watch the width and wheel offset, like the third gens. The Rear IFS is a different design in the 3rd gens, but it still uses a strut style spring/shock assembly and the spacer lift kits just sit on top of these.

I was surprised not to find a Rancho Quicklift product for the 2nd gens, guess the lower mount is significantly different, and the economics of scale didn't make sense to Rancho..

Here is a 2nd gen forum thread that may be of some help (maybe you have seen it though)..
2nd Gen on 35s with 3" lift

2nd Gen Lifts have certainly been done..

ba5a5uve.jpg

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
DO NOT PUT SPACERS ON 5100s!!!!
You will damage the shafts.