Looks like I Scored a free set of Husky mud flaps. (Update: Finally Installed!!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Kind of. I ordered a new Amazon FireTV the other day and just a couple days later announced the new FireTV cube and dropped the price of the FireTV by $20. So I inquired about such a large price drop right after I ordered and the kindly gave me a $20 credit.
Needed some rear mudflaps as I am on gravel numerous times a week. I have the stationary running boards so that takes care of the front no problem.
So I hopped on Amazon to see if they had the Huskys since they are the only rear set I have found for the EL.
$41 with Prime, not bad.
I scroll down a little bit and what do I see a warehouse deal for $11.87. Says original package is damaged.
I have ordered quite a few warehouse deals in the past with no issue. So $12.55 after tax and still have some of my $20 credit left over.

From the what I have seen the Husky is not quite as astechtically pleasing as the WeatherTech design on the nonEL models but I can live with that for the cost since my concern is protecting the rear bumper.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Whats different about EL rear mudflap versus a standard length?

Either way, good deal.

OP
OP
Black

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That I do not know.

Husky lists part number 57631 (standard) and 57651 (EL)

Weathertech offers no option for the EL but does for the standard length.

I guess technically I got the mud guards solid molded plastic model.
Not the floppy rubber style.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That I do not know.

Husky lists part number 57631 (standard) and 57651 (EL)

Weathertech offers no option for the EL but does for the standard length.

I guess technically I got the mud guards solid molded plastic model.
Not the floppy rubber style.

Are you lifted or standard height?

I got Huskies on my Rancho levelled '09 Expy shortie and like them, but had concerns about putting these on my '12 Gator L, which sits lower.

Can you report back on whether they clear curbs ok at standard height when parallel parking in the city?

Im even more concerned because my Expy has tow mirrors so I actually SEE the wheels in relation to the curb, while with the Gator I'm using park sensors and reverse camera to guesstimate what's going on

OP
OP
Black

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am stock height.
I mocked them up just using the single factory screw to make for sure they were the right ones since they were an Amazon warehouse deals.
They did not seem to stick out any wider than the running boards do.
Also I don’t think it hung much lower than the resonator.
I will at least mock them up again tomorrow and take pictures.
They claim you can install them without removing the wheel. Might be able to with a pneumatic angle drill.
I am 2 weeks deep in a 4 week recovery from surgery. So unfortunately pulling the wheels is certainly a no go and contorting my body to drill the inner hole necessary may not be possible,

OP
OP
Black

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here are some shots on the passenger side to give an idea in reference to the resonator and running boards. This is just held in place by the one factory bolt. Adding the other 2 bolts will certainly draw the edges in a bit more. This requires drilling a hole and adding a clip to the rear bumper and the same to the wheel well liner.
Again they claim it can be done without removing the wheel. I am thinking one may be able to do it with an angle drill or attachment. Which I will try later dependent upon how I am feeling. The one in the bumper should be no issue. Getting under the truck and contorting enough to fit my hand and the drill between the tire and wheel well liner may be a little tough on my survey incisions if the liner does not move very far out with the bolt unattached.
I also want to clean the bumper area really good that is covered by the mud guard as they come with 3m protective film to protect the paint.

Here is Stage 3 Motorsports Install Video

C7BF41F0-28F6-4E07-8443-37CDC7FAB41D.jpeg

C464323D-0C1C-4DBB-A2B0-74DF3D652C8F.jpeg

C1315A03-7CDC-4F5C-811A-8870340EEFB7.jpeg

C5A13122-DC26-4223-8B3D-3F8B1168AD79.jpeg

njja

Reaction score
Lol, No you didn't score these for free. First, you had paid the extra $20 on your previous purchase that they credited back. Secondly, with that $20 credit you could have bought anything from Amazon even breakfast items like granola and cereals, so those are like cash that you paid for.

Not flaming, just saying.

I just bought oem Ford Expy 2007-17 mud flaps, one set from eBay and another from Amazon for $20 per pair, before the Ford parts factory fire and now those are going for $35+ pp.

These are sitting in my truck cause I don't have a way of installing and will perhaps have a shop do that for me.

OP
OP
Black

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That would be the reason the first two words in the post are “KIND OF”
Free but not exactly. They did not have to price adjust the FireTV in the first place.

OP
OP
Black

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing them.

First things first TAKE THE WHEELS OFF to install.
I am still invalid and on a no lifting more than 10 lbs restriction. So I did it with wheels still on. Though all the twisting and contorting I had to do was likely just as hard.
With the wheels off 10 minutes tops. I took about 45 minutes marking and removing and trying to get a good angle.
Without an angle adapter the job would be impossible with the wheels on.
Hard to get a shot of the whole rear and still see the mudguards.

8E03A1E4-C2FD-44BA-B423-9DC9B1C1799F.jpeg

B6026550-F641-4669-8098-31C49B1D397B.jpeg

38A539F2-4178-4D6E-B96A-F57599051B9F.jpeg

704EAF3F-095F-4681-A4F8-2BDF34742729.jpeg

Last edited: