low and high?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
is there a way to allow my low beams to stay on when i have my high beams on. since my fog lights are blown out i would like that light back right in front of my truck.

ExpeditionDrew

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yea if you wanna burn out your head lights sooner....just pull out you're headlight and wire the two together....that's how wired my fog lights to my headlights on my old expy..... that way my fog lights come on whenever my headlights were on but would go off when my high beams went on... but with both your hi beam and low beam at the same time they will get really hot in burnout sooner imo...

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i dont need my fogs. im gonna rip my bumper off anyways. i know when i pull the lever towards me both go on. i want it to where when you push the lever both are on. is that possible?

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not wire the bulbs together like is being mentioned. It works for a short period of time, but you are going to kill your headlight switch as it is not rated to handle that kind of power. Besides, wiring them together is only going to cause you to piss off the other drivers as you will have your high beams on all the time.

Granted, like others have said, this will cause the bulbs to burn really hot and it is going to result in a very short life of the bulbs and potential damage to the headlight housings due to not being able to handle the heat that comes off of them.

If you are wanting to do this, let me know and I will make up a diagram for you to do it properly and not end up with BBQ'ed Ford. The best answer to help with the heat issue is to go with say projector headlights so you have separate high and low beam bulbs. But, that is adding more cost to the project.

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
o i know. i will NEVER wire them together. im not THAT dumb... nevermind. hahaha

anyways send me a pm on how to do it. i thought i could do it by jumping the relay. only reason im asking is because at night i like the added light, when no one else is on the road. but it hard to just hold the lever towards me when im trying to splash in some puddles. haha

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
panda, in short, you are going to take a relay and wire up the actuation side between the wiring going to the high beams and chassis ground. For the high current side, you are simply going to run a wire from the battery (or other suitable source, but not your high beams) and run it through the relay and then to one of the wires for your low beams. The relay will put power on the low beam circuit whenever your high beams are activated. if you need a drawing, let me know.

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah... i need a drawing. haha if its not to much trouble. ms paint will work just fine.