Lower Valance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expedition Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To argue with well documented, empirical data over many years on this item's worth is of no value.

It absolutely works as designed, is verifiable, and repeatable during controlled testing--or else Ford and every other manufacturer would not bother to add it due to cost. complexity and even weight (yes, weight--engineers fight for pennies and ounces on any vehicle produced by committee).

Now, "how much?" of a difference it makes debatable to us as owners--but for Ford if it saves "0.whateverdude" a mile per gallon, per vehicle to the EPA, Ford will call it good over the 'bazillion trucks it sells towards their Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) rating (the real reason for START/STOP is so it can inflate the in-town gas use mileage figures).

It may not even be measurable under out here in real world conditions due to so many factors during highway conditions. Examine the debates on tire pressure, wheel weights, octane, roof racks, lifts, etc.

So to those who don't notice it--trust me it is there just can't always be measured due to the above.

BUT IT ABSOLUTELY looks 100% better with it gone, looks more off-road worthy and is more off-road worthy by increasing your approach angles
(or just less likely to kiss a curb).

Last edited:

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I swear, us “forum folks” would argue about whether water is wet...haha. And I’m just as bad as anyone.

Buy what you want, do with it what you will. What in the WORLD did we do before we could go on a forum and have some strangers tell us what we can/should do with our vehicles?

Everyone have a great day, stay safe, hug your family, and enjoy a coke and a smile.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score

BUT IT ABSOLUTELY looks 100% better with it gone, looks more off-road worthy and is more off-road worthy by increasing your approach angles
(or just less likely to kiss a curb).
I didn't wade through the pointless argument about it's worth, so may have missed it, but the manual talks about removing the air dam while offroading, and putting it back after you are done.

I removed mine, and it does remove some of the visual rake (it also needs to be gone to add the raptor skid plate, and will never go back).

OP
OP
K

kodigray2015

Reaction score
I didn't wade through the pointless argument about it's worth, so may have missed it, but the manual talks about removing the air dam while offroading, and putting it back after you are done.

I removed mine, and it does remove some of the visual rake (it also needs to be gone to add the raptor skid plate, and will never go back).

Do you happen to know the part number for the Raptor skid plate for the one that would fit a 2019 expy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert McMillan

17plati
Reaction score
I painted my tow hooks red. I think they are Ford Performance red. They were actually designed for brakes as I hope to paint my brakes red one day.

731c4d5eff707f7b8a2bd48c8d744e07.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Paul walker style fast and furious! Vroom Vroom watch out v6 cinder block with red calipers like a Mitsubishi Eclipse coming through!

Robert McMillan

17plati
Reaction score
I painted my tow hooks red. I think they are Ford Performance red. They were actually designed for brakes as I hope to paint my brakes red one day.

Paul walker style fast and furious! Vroo

Sorry your expedition isn’t a “sports tuned” mode so take that stupid ST off there too.

scotthere

Reaction score
Paul walker style fast and furious! Vroo

Sorry your expedition isn’t a “sports tuned” mode so take that stupid ST off there too.
Dude, who pissed in your Wheaties? I don't know you but you should lighten up on the Dick posts. What is the point? If he wants to paint them like you don't like and show them just shake your head and read the next post. Alternately just say gee, I don't like that look and read the next post.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you happen to know the part number for the Raptor skid plate for the one that would fit a 2019 expy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is not a direct fit. I got a 2019 skid plate of eBay - don’t know the part number -front mounting brackets and fabricated two rear brackets. It slides up and under the front valance after trimming the tabs for the air dam mount.