MAF Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I'm trying to take off my Mass Air Flow sensor to clean it with MAF Spray by CNC.

I can't take out the screws to save my life. My neighbor put some oil lubricants on the screws to losen them up. He even hit a screwdriver with a hammer & that wouldn't do it.

How do I remove these screws?SDC12409.jpgSDC12411.jpg

bosozoku

Reaction score
It's right inside on the opposite the side of the air filter.
ResizeofMAF.jpg

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
haha. rookie mistakes! yeah thats not it. the maf is super easy to clean. you take out the air filter and take a screw driver and pull it out. clean it. let it sit a few minutes and put it back in. but while your at it do the tps mod.

OP
OP
Explor2Exped

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
haha. rookie mistakes! yeah thats not it. the maf is super easy to clean. you take out the air filter and take a screw driver and pull it out. clean it. let it sit a few minutes and put it back in. but while your at it do the tps mod.

I would but the screw on the bottom is damn near impossible.

I lubed it up with different things & sprayed liquid wrench on it & still wont budge.

I'm not going to mess with it anymore because it's almost stripped. :badidea:

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you dont even have to take the MAF out... just remove the air box and spray the MAF with cleaner... just dont touch it and be gentle so you don't break the little wire... otherwise you will need a new MAF