Mirror spiders... every day, a new frikkin spider

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Spidets seem to be in love with my truck. Mirrors practically have a "spider of the day", running boards and mudflaps less so but still get webbed regularly....and some even somehow manage to get inside and occasionally make webs IN the truck (wth spiders??? Pointless much?)

Should I spray my undercarriage with Raid or something?

20190913_164156-1.jpg

This is getting disturbing

SomeENG

Reaction score
Raid works. I knew a guy with black widows in his motorcycle.

He hosed down every nook and cranny twice in a week with raid and never saw another.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Be careful on the paint as Raid may have a caustic effect. Have you considered having where you park it sprayed by a bug man? If you park inside your garage, and there are no pilot lights or potential electric arcing sources, the bug bombs you set and seal up the garage have worked for us in the past. Just be careful as the vapors are extremely flammable and there are documented cases of explosions where proper cautions (spraying around a gas hot water heater) weren't exercised. On edit: don't do this with any children's toys or vehicles in the garage.

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Outdoor park

Potential for paint damage is why my thoughts went to spraying under the truck.... or maybe spray the crap out of the parking spot itself?

Mean_Dean

Reaction score
Aww, such a cutie... NOT!

Spray the ground where you park, and not just right around the spot make sure to include a good 10-15ft around it to keep them from getting close. The Bayer or Ortho home defense stuff works pretty well.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can't you eat that? You might need a club first though.....

I get them because I park under a canopy........if you smash a few in front of their family, you won't see any more....for some reason.

jeff