Misfire under load, poor acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy T

Reaction score
98 4.6 4x4 expedition. Codes The P0171 The truck idles fine, when under load it has an occasional miss. When accelerating is spudders and runs like crap. I've replaced plugs, coil packs, wires, fuel filter, fuel pump, idle control sensor, cleaned throttle body that was clogged, EGR, Injectors, 02s, cats, checked for vacum leaks on hoses and intake, cleaned MAF.

OP
OP
Randy T

Randy T

Reaction score
Yes, new pump, sensor, and filter.
This is totally mind boggling as I've been double checking areas I've already been.

98eb5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, new pump, sensor, and filter.
This is totally mind boggling as I've been double checking areas I've already been.

reminds me when i chased an evap code/issues & one of the first part(s) i changed out, to rule it out, came to roost,

ended up doing a ton of further stuff then i finally took it to folks who have the right gear & know how to properly diagnose & turned out the first part i changed with new, didn't work from the get go,

woulda saved alota time & money forking over the diagnosis cost first,

just to be clear, u still have the P0171 code?

did you actually check the fuel pressure?

Last edited: