Multiple cylinder misfire loss of fuel pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

josephmast94

Reaction score
It takes 40 drive cycles to clear a code. What I have done in the past is to disconnect the vehicle's battery for an hour or so, then start it again. When you start it,the tach, speedometer and gauges will go all the way over and pin, then go to nothing then they will all read normal, This says the codes are cleared.

Another issue which can occur. The in-tank fuel pump has a screen in the intake port. If it gets crap on it, the fuel flow goes bananas. If it runs rough or refuses to start, smack the fuel tank bottom a few times. If it starts, take the fuel pump out and clean the screen. Happened to me on another car I had.
I will try that to clear the memory. I drove it about 75 miles over the weekend and everything seems to be just fine. So hopefully that's all it is.

Rainman S

Reaction score
If you still think you have cat trouble Cat Clean worked for me on an 06. One injector was stuck open. It took awhile to stay code free, but it worked.