My 2022 Expedition Limited Max is BUILT!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve never understood buying a vehicle online. Just go to the dealer and pick one out lol
I never understood someone who would pay this amount of money and not get one exactly the way they want. For the last 10 years, I've always factory ordered my vehicles. No issue with waiting until it was built exactly how I wanted it.

wannabeMtb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In Production: 1/25/2022
Built: 2/22/2022

Dam. It took 1 month to move from "In production" to "Built" :(
I just entered "In production" a week back. Guess I have to wait another 3 weeks for it to get built.

But, congrats on your progress.

maxxplatinum9137

Reaction score
Maybe you haven't been to a dealer lately -- around here there are very few vehicles on the lots. Gone are the days (for now) of over-stocked dealer lots.
My dealer has a **** ton of 21s on the lot ready to sell. Not sure where you live but we have plenty here in VA

bbenz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My dealer has a **** ton of 21s on the lot ready to sell. Not sure where you live but we have plenty here in VA
Nothing much in central FL. Many dealerships have spaced cars out to make it somewhat appear like the lots aren't empty. Also the '21 model is missing the updated Sync 4 system which is what I was holding out for.

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Perhaps, but did you see their configurations, or their ADM? I was just up in the DC area two weeks ago and stopped at several dealers, not one of them had a heavy duty towing package and 4X4 configurated on the lot. Not sure why a dealer in Virginia, a state that receives more than it's fair share of bad weather, stocked so many black 4X2 Expeditions (yes, I know, government loves them, but does not buy on a dealer level). I found one in NC, north and west of Charlotte on the way back home, but it was a Max, and I simply do not need the added length for my intended use. Again, every dealer I stopped at was asking 3-5K+ over MSRP for what is now, last years model, hence, another reason to simply order exactly what I want and await it's delivery.

Bill

sdinwiddie85

Reaction score
No point in even trying to find a 21 here in my area of NH. Not a single one to be found on dealer lots near me.

maxxplatinum9137

Reaction score
Perhaps, but did you see their configurations, or their ADM? I was just up in the DC area two weeks ago and stopped at several dealers, not one of them had a heavy duty towing package and 4X4 configurated on the lot. Not sure why a dealer in Virginia, a state that receives more than it's fair share of bad weather, stocked so many black 4X2 Expeditions (yes, I know, government loves them, but does not buy on a dealer level). I found one in NC, north and west of Charlotte on the way back home, but it was a Max, and I simply do not need the added length for my intended use. Again, every dealer I stopped at was asking 3-5K+ over MSRP for what is now, last years model, hence, another reason to simply order exactly what I want and await it's delivery.

Bill
Just looked again this morning. 22 models, 13 4x4, 6 of those with HD tow. Like I said, maybe your dealership just isn’t a popular one compared to mine. But at least you’ll get 100% what you want