My household car lot.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JessePatty

Reaction score
1997 Expedition XLT (See Signature for Pic).... Purchased 10 years ago off eBay with 54,000 miles.

It is all stock....Original engine, transmission and rear end....Nothing has been rebuilt. I've changed the oil faithfully every 2500-3000 miles...It's only gone over mileage one time while we were on a trip out of state. I've replaced the transmission filter and fluid every 30K.

I have had to change the alternator twice, battery twice, plugs twice, and all 8 injectors once... It's on it's third set of tires and 3rd set of brake pads.. The factory rotors lasted until 175,*** miles so it's on it's second set of rotors.
I had to repair a leak in the A/C last summer so the dryer was replaced at that time however the compressor is the original one to the truck. A/C blows ice cold.
Oh yeah, and one power window motor (R/F) and door lock actuator (L/R)...

Other then what I've mentioned above, everything else is original to the truck.

It has been EXTREMELY dependable and trouble-free.

Below is the other vehicles in my household......

1997 Ford Explorer XLT..... My 16yo Daughters vehicle
IMAG0028.jpg

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis GS...Bought for my daughter but she didn't like it.
sideofcar.jpg

2006 Dodge Ram "ThunderRoad" Crew Cab. (I rarely drive this one, I've been driving the Mercury for the last 2 years)
013.jpg

Last edited:

Iowa Redneck

Reaction score
What's up with the one dodge? Just kidding. Great looking set of vehicles, I am excited to see another expedition with over 250K, that's awesome! Keep on truckin!

OP
OP
J

JessePatty

Reaction score
What's up with the one dodge? Just kidding. Great looking set of vehicles, I am excited to see another expedition with over 250K, that's awesome! Keep on truckin!

By the way, I failed to mention ours has the 4.6... The engine that everyone kept saying was a junk engine when I was considering buying the SUV. I think it's proven to be a great engine.

Honestly speaking, concerning the Dodge, My Brother has worked for the same Dodge dealer for 13 years as a tech 3 and he's always tried to get me to buy a new Dodge so when I was in the market for a new truck he got me one hell of a sweet deal on the truck so I couldn't resist and bought it.

sweet deal= $10K off the $39K sticker back in 2006.... Over $3200 in dealer added on options such as remote start, factory alarm, Shift kit, upgraded to 4.56 ring and pinion. and in the end I was offered two options....0% interest for 36 months or another $2500 rebate if I did not finance it and paid cash.

I have been very pleased with the Deal they gave me back then....Now I'm getting constant letters in the mail from them trying to encourage me to come buy a 2010...

I think I'll just keep what I have. They are all paid for! :)

Last edited:

00XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome aboard man. Nice looking rides. I got about 222k on my 2000

00XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
wow..i have less than 67k on my expy and only 40k on the mustang.

Put them things on the road man. Lol. I've had mine since new and most of it's life I was in the military moving every so many years.

OP
OP
J

JessePatty

Reaction score
Welcome aboard man. Nice looking rides. I got about 222k on my 2000

Thanks.....yeah your just getting broken in lol.... My goal is 300K.. I've already met a local women with a 97 with 301K on it so I know it can do it.

wow..i have less than 67k on my expy and only 40k on the mustang.

Yeah, like he said.... Get out and drive those things... That's the body style my wife wants... She's been after me for a year to find her the newer body Expedition. They do look good.