My Key Help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jettmaverick

Reaction score
i just purchased 2017 expedition xlt and only comes with spare key which has my key set up for volume limit and speed to 80miles per hour. How do I clear my key?

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
You need an unaltered "admin" key to make any MyKey changes. (It's all in the owner's manual.) I don't see a Forscan setting for it (but not all settings have been documented) so it's probably going to be a Ford dealer change.

Just curious: where's the other key? The original owner keeping it for some reason?

-- Chuck

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you really need to go above 80? I've had my first edition for 4 years, and I think i hit 80 once. 80 is pretty fast on these 6,000 pound tanks.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jettmaverick

Reaction score
You need an unaltered "admin" key to make any MyKey changes. (It's all in the owner's manual.) I don't see a Forscan setting for it (but not all settings have been documented) so it's probably going to be a Ford dealer change.

Just curious: where's the other key? The original owner keeping it for some reason?

-- Chuck
Bought it used and only comes with spare key. Dealer doesn’t know where the key is.

OP
OP
J

Jettmaverick

Reaction score
Do you really need to go above 80? I've had my first edition for 4 years, and I think i hit 80 once. 80 is pretty fast on these 6,000 pound tanks.

No sir I don’t. I just need my volume limit remove. I love to cruise to 70mph.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your like me, don't need to go 100mph, but gotta crank my 60's/70's oldies. I'm 63 heading for 18!

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Head right on back to the dealer and don’t walk out till they hand you a brand new key programmed and ready to go free of charge. Plus there is somebody walking around with a Key that will unlock and start your car. They should reset the PATS system and program it fresh with both keys and leave them both as admin for now.

This is a no brainer. Dealer messed up and there job to fix it!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chuck, went through same deal with Ford. I said to parts guy, if I've got 2 working keys, why would I need a third? Dumb! that's when I went to the Ace hardware. They had a sign out front, that said we make chip keys. $75.00 later, I had a working second key. Like I told Stamp, still works 2 years later. I still would like to know how Ace can pull off what the others can't!