New 2013...best tuner and program?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buzzie0013

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got out of a 2005 F250 with the 6.oh crap it broke again...anyway when it ran good, I used an Edge Evolution. Great power, some MPG gain yadda yadda. I am looking for similar results, firmer shifting, power, but most of all a little bump in MPG's. I hope to do the Gotts mod, and install just the tube from a Volant CAI kit. Maybe a magnaflow muffler down the line, but nothing crazy. Thoughts? Recommendations? It was this site that really made up my mind on getting an Expy, love fords, but man that F250 left a bad taste.

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have a working relationship with 5 Star Tuning from here on the forum to offer intake/exhaust/tuner packages. We will source your choice of intake/exhaust and 5 Star Tuning will dial in your tune(s) based on the modifications. Let us know if you need assistance. Even if we don't end up doing business, we're here to help.

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
not to beat a dead horse but the best tune is the one you built, the next best is a local with a tuning suite so you can tweak it once they get you close. I've seen people run all different mail order can tunes, some are better than others but they all leave $$$, power and most importantly drive-ability on the table. Buy yourself a tuning suite and wideband and enjoy, if you are savvy with excel or even dos you can write your own tunes. I've got several tunes I keep for my truck for example that depend on it's duty and fuel type, even tune set up for specific trailers. The best part is most tuning suites, if you own and tune a few cars, work out to be a fraction of the price charged by mail order can tune vendors.

Edit: you should like your 5.4 much more than your PSD. Best advise I can give you is use good oil and make sure it's the proper weight for the cam phasers. If not things will not mesh well.

Last edited:

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went with a tune from 5 Star. I'm happy with it. The performance/tow tune gets about 2mpg better then stock and the truck is peppy. It drives how I think it should from the factory. Even my wife said it's a lot better.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk