New '22 Expedition Limited Stealth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SonofSal

Reaction score
Nice spec OP. Im thinking almost the exact same with one outlier.
Any consensus on the bigger screen yet? Reviews are saying it's not intuitive and very laggy.
Does anyone with first hand experience have feedback?

Also I wish the interior was a little more luxury. I could have done a better job at putting those seat covers on the foam.

Last edited:
OP
OP
U

USKflt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you tint the rear windows that come "smoked" from factory?? I am waiting on my order but living in FL I am thinking paying to tint the rears also. My 2014 I only did front and windshield strip
I did ceramic on everything but the windshield (although wishing I would have done it too). Fronts I did 35, sunroof 70 and all factory darkened windows I did clear ceramic. I can tell a big difference on my skin from sun coming in through the ceramic windows vs the windshield.

OP
OP
U

USKflt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice spec OP. Im thinking almost the exact same with one outlier.
Any consensus on the bigger screen yet? Reviews are saying it's not intuitive and very laggy.
Does anyone with first hand experience have feedback?

Also I wish the interior was a little more luxury. I could have done a better job at putting those seat covers on the foam.
I’ve mentioned it in other threads in more detail, but I’m 100% glad I went with the 12” vs the 15” (actually would have paid an “upgrade” for it). The three main reasons are a physical camera button, physical heated/cooled seat buttons and split screen CarPlay.

I’m disappointed in the seat covers and a loose panel in the rear. But everything in mine is mechanically sound for now and no rattles or squeaks. So I’m living with the aesthetic “issues”.

AVSHDTV

Reaction score
I’ve mentioned it in other threads in more detail, but I’m 100% glad I went with the 12” vs the 15” (actually would have paid an “upgrade” for it). The three main reasons are a physical camera button, physical heated/cooled seat buttons and split screen CarPlay.

I’m disappointed in the seat covers and a loose panel in the rear. But everything in mine is mechanically sound for now and no rattles or squeaks. So I’m living with the aesthetic “issues”.
I'm the same. Ordering the 12". Huge increase over my 2019's 8" screen. The 15.5" screen is measured diagonal in portrait mode, so the portion used for Android auto navigation ends up being only about 8.7" diagonal.

That makes the navigation of the 12" about 90% (almost double) more screen area than what's displayed on the 15.5“.

OP
OP
U

USKflt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm the same. Ordering the 12". Huge increase over my 2019's 8" screen. The 15.5" screen is measured diagonal in portrait mode, so the portion used for Android auto navigation ends up being only about 8.7" diagonal.

That makes the navigation of the 12" about 90% (almost double) more screen area than what's displayed on the 15.5“.
Just FYI, you can’t do full screen in CarPlay navigation, only factory navigation. Not sure about Android Auto. I always do Google Maps on the main screen with CarPlay audio on the side tile.

mdexp

Reaction score

I'm not sure of exact measurements (i'll try to remember to check) - but navigation through carplay on the 15" is awesome. I use Waze and google maps and both fill the entire screen from side to side and there are two size options for top to bottom which provides a large viewing area for the map and the option to still see the song title/artist on siriusxm and other info on the bottom. I think either screen setup is good and much better than the last model, but I am still happy with the bigger option.

AVSHDTV

Reaction score
If my calculations are right, the 12" screen should be 10.5" wide, 6" tall about 63 sq in.

The 15.5" screen would only be 7.6" wide and if it's kept to a normal HD aspect ratio, 4.3" tall displayed (out of the 13.5" total height) for about 32.7 sq in.

Now if they let you use the entire top half of the 15.5" display, it'd be 7.6" x 6.75" tall for 51.3 sq in.

Either way, it's definitely better than previous model years.

KDM39

Reaction score
Here are a few different screens on the 15.5" for reference. I was skeptical at first but am very impressed with the speed and ease of use. If someone can post pictures of the 12" it would be nice to see how they compare.

Attachments

• A22E90E2-DD48-41C3-9324-AAA88FB99D08.jpeg
    A22E90E2-DD48-41C3-9324-AAA88FB99D08.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 69
  • CAFA890B-2DF1-4D3A-A5B0-5E6E4DE74447.jpeg
    CAFA890B-2DF1-4D3A-A5B0-5E6E4DE74447.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 70

AVSHDTV

Reaction score
Here are a few different screens on the 15.5" for reference. I was skeptical at first but am very impressed with the speed and ease of use. If someone can post pictures of the 12" it would be nice to see how they compare.
That looks much nicer than the product photos Ford has on their website. Lots of real estate given to the Android Auto / Apple Airplay data.

SonofSal

Reaction score
Maximizing the screen is great but if the system is slow and delayed to react to swipes it would annoy me pretty quickly. We went through that headache with Volvo so the smaller screen would be the better choice for us.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni