New edge tuner for 3rd gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brainb7080

Reaction score
Just got in my new Edge EVO HT for the ex. Bought it in an attempt to improve fuel economy. Saw good things on that from edge on the second gens. Just installed the economy tune on my otherwise stock 08 4x4, reset the average mpg. My current average is hovering at 15.5 in a pretty even mix of city and highway driving. I'll give it a few days an see what happens. Stay tuned. Next is a K&N CAI on the way.

Knautical2001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Let me know. I have a 2007 but I was going to get a Hypertech tuner. I was averaging the same MPG you are but I have a 4X2.

wwareham2008

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Keep us posted. I have been thinking of getting one myself, 11.3 MPG Average kind of sucks but I am lifted and running it about 10 minutes early to warm it up in this horrible Utah weather.

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Keep us posted. I have been thinking of getting one myself, 11.3 MPG Average kind of sucks but I am lifted and running it about 10 minutes early to warm it up in this horrible Utah weather.

I'm getting that with the programmer, then again, I'm never on a highway, drive time is just 3 miles to work and all stop light to stop light. Did I mention heavy foot off the line and 3.73's?

wwareham2008

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm getting that with the programmer, then again, I'm never on a highway, drive time is just 3 miles to work and all stop light to stop light. Did I mention heavy foot off the line and 3.73's?

11.3 is the best I get with driving a good amount of highway. One time I saw 25 but I was going down hill on a highway and just reset the dash.

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
11.3 is the best I get with driving a good amount of highway. One time I saw 25 but I was going down hill on a highway and just reset the dash.

I can squeeze 17-18 out of it if strictly on the highway running @75 mph and the factory rubber, by no means great, but doable. I run the 87 tune on my Hypertech, maybe the Edge might do better, but doubt it. Your 35's are gonna kill you no matter what programmer you choose.

wwareham2008

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can squeeze 17-18 out of it if strictly on the highway running @75 mph and the factory rubber, by no means great, but doable. I run the 87 tune on my Hypertech, maybe the Edge might do better, but doubt it. Your 35's are gonna kill you no matter what programmer you choose.

Yeah those 35's kill me but the expy is going back to stock once they are worn out. My wife is getting the expedition so I can get a jeep and she refuses to let me have two vehicles that I want to work on and lift. When Solisimo posted that no lift company will touch the 3rd gen as far as larger lifts it made me want to go in a different direction.

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah those 35's kill me but the expy is going back to stock once they are worn out. My wife is getting the expedition so I can get a jeep and she refuses to let me have two vehicles that I want to work on and lift. When Solisimo posted that no lift company will touch the 3rd gen as far as larger lifts it made me want to go in a different direction.

Sorry to hear that, there's so few of us lifted 3rd gens out there. Keep it as is and tell the wife to park on top of everyone at the grocery store.
As much as I like mine, I too might be heading in a different direction also. Think I might have the wife on board to check out a SuperCrew Raptor!!! That outta kill the gas mileage debate once and for all.