New Rim advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Exia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Currently I am running 18" but I am wanting to go back to a 16" I found a set of Eagle Bead lockers brand new sitting in a corner for a year they want 150 for the set, but the issue is I have a 5x135 and the Eagles have a 5x5. Any cheap conversations I could do?

And for the love of all that has a engine, can someone tell me what those rims are on my expy, so I can buy the center caps,

Attachments

• 300300000Eagle-140-Black.jpg
    300300000Eagle-140-Black.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 271
  • 10175782_201262422830.jpg
    10175782_201262422830.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well... heres your issue. to change lug pattern you have to change the whole front assembly over to a dodge lug pattern of 5x5. that means new lugs, rotors, brakes, everything and the rear is new rotors and new axle shafts. so you are looking at a few hundred - thousand to get it right. and as for those rims, they almost look factory. ive seem them before.

Tigster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you can buy a lug adapter usually. There are a few companies that will close the current holes and redrill in the right lug pattern.

It would be easier to get the proper size wheels to start with though.

ydopen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
check out rebel racing sharas I belive is the name of them, They come in a 5x135, I got mine a few years ago and they were cheap and also in a 16in, and the finish has held up great

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Like others have said, the money that you are going to spend to make those rims work is going to be far more than what you will spend on getting the correct rims in the first place.

With that being said, you can get some wheel adapters to make those rims work for around a $100 for a set of 4. But, this is the issue: Unless those rims have a large backspacing (or very negative offset), this is going to result in the wheels being pushed out towards the edge of the truck. For the rear this isn't too bad. For the front, this is going to cost you in the way of extra hub wear. So, instead of getting say 100K miles out of a set of hubs, it is going to drop to say 50K miles. At $150 a hub (assuming you do all the work yourself), a set of hubs is going to offset any money saved in the short term. Not to mention with the rims being pushed out, if you are planning on maximizing the rubber aspect of the wheel, you will be very limited in what you can run (more than likely something around the stock 255/70R16 tire size, not much bigger).

Your call. Pay me now, pay me later.

OP
OP
Exia

Exia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I can do the dodge conversion for 100 bucks. ( family works at a junk yard ) but the issue there is that makes it a 5x5.5 and those rims are a straight 5.. So, I might as well find a set of 16s and slap on it. I want to trade the 18s but people keep asking me the name of them.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just tell them unknown. or stock. ive seen them before on a few expys down here. so maybe a limited supply on the stockers. idk.

OP
OP
Exia

Exia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea, that would be a no on stock, went to my ford dealership. First thing he said was "Aftermarket" I just want the center caps for them but I am stumped

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wolf_Lazarus