New Timberline

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mack444

Mack444

Reaction score
Wow, @KetMalice, seems like a therapy session would do some good after the year of abuse. Don’t be sorry for me though, I’m excited for whatever road is ahead after leaving behind the 20yo machine

So far, the Yakima EXO system is fantastic! I had to return 2 swing bases because the locking pins were broken (Amazon white gloves at their finest) but REI came through for me in the pinch. 10 extra cubic feet of space doesn’t sound like much (to me) but fit an entire Costco trip for our family of six with room to spare. Going camping tonight so will see how it fits our gear. Looking forward to being able to just drop the box off the back w our things and not be tethered to the Exp.

As far as the ride goes, I’m thoroughly impressed with all of the around town and brief freeway trips we have done. Turning radius for parking spots seems better than any full-size I’ve driven besides maybe my Bronco (understandable w how short those were). Backing up is a breeze, even w the EXO base or box in tow. Power and speed is nearly startling, and I have to go easy w everyone in the car. Climate control stuff is a little annoying w the screen, but I’m used to the annoyance w the MachE. Only feature that is giving me problems is the 3rd row recline because the kids love to mess w them and it makes for less than safe positions for them. Anyone know how to disable those buttons?

I’ll bring more updates when I come by them.

Coach

Reaction score
It was finally time to sell the best SUV ever built to move people and tow at the same time, 2002 Excursion Limited 7.3l. Everyone always fit. Everything always fit. Everything in front of it was never a problem for it to go over. Sometimes it wouldn’t fit parking places, but it was always easy to find (or make, hehe) space. We road-tripped with a travel trailer, 6 people and 2 dogs through northern CA on HWY1 last year and it was easy and fun.
View attachment 78115

Enough said about Beatrice.
New ride is a MY22 Timberline. It was a Covid car that I got a SMOKING deal w/ barely any feature delete. Immediately ordered up WeatherTech mats (5 kids 2 dogs), car seat protectors (5 kids 2 dogs), seat back protectors (5 kids 2 dogs), and a Yakima EXO setup (did I mention 5 kids 2 dogs PLUS former Excursion owner?) all coming today through next week.

I’m stoked on all the features, which are somehow more abundant than on our MY21 MachE, but the sync screen is still on old interface which is only a minor bummer. I’m looking forward to testing capabilities soon, and I’ll keep y’all posted on experiences.

Meet Bernice!
View attachment 78116

_Nic_
Are you still pulling your travel trailer with the new Timberline? I'm wanting to test out the trailer back-up assist function. We have a 21ft Forest River Surveyor at ~ 4K dry weight. We usually pull with our '21 Chevy 1500 Silverado 6.2L and used to pull with the 5.3L Tahoe that I traded in for my '23 Timberline. If you are towing, curious if you've used the backup assist and your thoughts on the Timberlines mirrors. Kinda disappointed they are not s tad more telecoped. Mirrors seem too close to vehicle and can't get a good adjustment angle to rear corners of our travel trailer like we obvioulsy can in our Silverado.

OP
OP
Mack444

Mack444

Reaction score
Was borrowing the travel trailer so haven’t towed w the Timberline. I’ve heard good things about the backup assist but never tried. The mirror situation is a bit concerning and wondering if some of the camera selections could help.