New to me 2007 EL LIMITED & all it's problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Price is subjective...they vary for a lot of reasons. It was worth it to the OP.

OP
OP
B

Ben Ford

Reaction score
Youch...verrrry expensive
I can understand why you say that because never would I pay so much with so many miles and need so many repairs.

But in reality getting an EL LIMITED with low mileage and in good order that is around $10k is very very difficult to find next to impossible. Especially with the right "look" that both you and your wife are agreeable. So for what I got I believed I was getting a deal. But because of all the issues. Really I paid what it's worth.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Cooldog

Reaction score
I will second the brake flex hose comments. Replaced my calipers, but still had dragging brakes. Replaced the hoses and it's like new now.

Last August I bought a 2010 Expedition EL XLT 4x4 with 172K on it, from a dealer up in northern New Jersey. It ran terribly when I went to test drive it, but the price was right $5,775, so I took it anyway. I limped home for 180 miles, barely able to maintain 65mph.

In the end, it had some bad coil packs, and the plugs looked like they had NEVER been changed; the gap was just shy of TWICE what it should have been.

The O2 sensor codes it was throwing turned out to be false too; a $99 ECM update fixed the problem. I was planning to do the 3X drain and fill for the ATF, but stopped after one (and the filter) because the fluid was clearly quite clean and fresh. The transfer case fluid was another story ... looked like it had never been changed.

It runs beautifully now. The only issue left is the usual paint problem on hood and tailgate. The hood is barely noticeable, but the tailgate needs attention.

I stole it!

OP
OP
B

Ben Ford

Reaction score
Anywho, just a minor update. I replaced the brakes hoses and a huge difference in braking.

I also replaced all the spark plugs and it looked like they had never been changed[emoji54]!! After doing so it started up and ran better immediately!! Then after a day or so it went back to long cranks.... I am sure it's a fuel pressure issue. I need to test it but I believe that one or a couple of the fuel injectors are an issue as there can be fuel leak pressure leak down with the injectors as the point of failure.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cycle the ignition switch 2 or 3 times, for 3 seconds, to the run position before starting, that will prime the fuel rail until you are able to replace the pump.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am super confused by this comment... How is $8,200 NEWER Navigator money? The going rate for NEWER is $20k+

My '12 Navigator L cost me like 12.5k... lower miles, no check engine

I've seen 08 or 09 for $8 something

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1