New turbo manifolds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So my Full-Race turbo manifolds just arrived and I thought I would share some pics. I'm supposed to get them installed sometime during the next week. Unfortunately, because I have a leak on one side I won't be able to provide any quantifiable comparison with the original parts. But I'll let everyone know my subjective impressions.

20240328_145511.jpg20240328_145523.jpg20240328_145538.jpg

OP
OP
JasonH

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Batch of photos from the shop. Looks like the cab removal for the Expedition is a bit more involved as compared to the F150, as I see some body work came off. Shop said oil line filters were clean. Used Castrol full synthetic Magnatec -> GTX - > Edge 5W or 10W30, then Edge Euro 5W-40 with 6K - 10K changes per the OLM. Turbos are still going strong.

*EDIT* - Shop just said to shorten the oil intervals, as the oil didn't look good.

Expedition_cab_front.jpgExpedition_cab_rear.jpgExpedition_engine.jpgExpedition_engine_side.jpgExpedition_engine_too.jpg

Last edited:

Stang8650

Reaction score
Wow, looks crazy with the body off! I sure hope you're doing the water coolant lines to the turbos and other common leaks while the body is off!

OP
OP
JasonH

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow, looks crazy with the body off! I sure hope you're doing the water coolant lines to the turbos and other common leaks while the body is off!
Yep, all that was done. Got it back yesterday but need to take it back. Makes a whoopie cushion sound during initial spool. Hopefully it's just charge piping and not the turbo to downpipe interface. Validates my decision to get this done well in advance of my summer driving.

Initial impressions are it feels... normal. I didn't realize how much noise the leak made because it didn't always sound like chirping. But I drove it like that so long I got used to the additional noise. Probably intercooler and moderate tune next.

OP
OP
JasonH

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Noise has been fixed. Heat cycled and retorqued everything to eliminate it, but the shop didn't say what the actual source was. Wagner intercooler and a tune up next.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire