No front turn signals, rear signals and hazards work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2004XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The front drivers side corner of my expedition was hit recently. Since then, my corner/parking lights stay on all the time with the headlights and the front turn signals do not work. However, the rear turn signals are working and hazards work on all four corners. When I signal a turn, the indicator flashes rapidly on the dash.

Because the hazards and parking light functions work, I assume there is no issue with the bulbs, sockets or wiring. Is this problem caused by the flasher relay on the drivers side under the steering wheel? I've looked on youtube and forums but have not seen anyone with the same symptoms as mine. This isn't an issue I've experienced on any vehicle before so any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score
......When I signal a turn, the indicator flashes rapidly on the dash.........

The collision definitely has caused damage to your bulb/s, and wiring (?). Whenever there is rapid flashing, that indicates one, or more, bulbs are not working. Can't answer why the parking/hazards are working, but not the turn signals.

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
May be that a wire got cut and is not shorting. May be a first & you got the winning ticket. I had rather dig under the front end first than under the steering wheel myself. Let us know.

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just to state the obvious, are you sure the bulbs in the front indicators have been put in correctly, from your description I assume they are twin filament bulbs and whilst difficult to do, they can be put in the holder incorrectly, this causes the side light to operate the indicator filament, and the indicators to operate the side light filament which is so weak you won’t see it flash, so very similar to your description.. otherwise check the wiring in the front indicator as it might have been damaged in the collision.