No start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I couldn't start my truck this morning, my battery is reading 12 volts and all the internal systems are operating. When i turn my key to ignition nothing happens at all, not even a click. I replaced the starter relay on the fire wall and still nothing happens. If i jump the terminals of the starter relay with a wrench my truck turns on just fine. So that leaves the ignition switch or possibly a sensor that prevents start up when not in park. Any one have some ideas on what to check now or common problems to look for. I really don't want to have to take apart the steering column but what has to be done has to be done.

OP
OP
splintrcel

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Right as i typed this i had a sudden realization of a similar issue one of my friends had where the gear shifter was slightly out of alignment where the indicator for what gear was selected said it was in park but it was a little shifted towards neutral so the car would start because the sensors thought the car was in neutral. All i need to do is slightly adjust the gear indicator and i should be good to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!