Octane rating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The dude

Reaction score
Probably been asked before but who here run 87 in their ecoboost? On the 150 forums it seems they all run premium. I thought about using premium but think it might be a waste of money for just riding around with no or very light towing. Less than 1200 pounds. I'm sure not spending 70 cents more a gallon for no good reason. Thoughts?

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Not to vary off subject but at my company we run 87 in the EcoBoost half ton trucks.. They still run like champs.

Also where the F do you live cause here in Chicago it's about double that in difference between regular and premium

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's currently $0.46 more for premium vs regular at my usual station here (midgrade is $0.22 more than regular).

OP
OP
T

The dude

Reaction score
I live in central va. The stations around here have reg at 2.05 prem at 2.71. Pertty big gap between the two.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here in the Washington- Baltimore Corridor as it's called, regular runs $2.21 at the cheapest stations and 93 BP runs $2.99. I did fill on Sunoco 93 on Saturday and noticed that it was $2.89. I admit that I don't pay for my gas so I only use 93 but if I were paying for it, I can't swear knowing that the computer can easily adjust to the different fuels although in my little car, I always have used 93....and it still runs perfectly....with almost 192,000 miles on it!

jeff

OP
OP
T

The dude

Reaction score
Im gonna run the 87 until i get a knock or ping i believe. I feel if the eco ran premium only i doubt they would sell as many as they do. Wish the 5.0 was an option. That would have been awesome. Then i wouldn't even be thinking about octanes lol