Oil filter relocation kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rewarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone installed an oil filter relocation kit? I'm thinking of installing one tomorrow. I did it on my 1979 Toyota FJ40 and it worked great. Just wondering on an ideal place to install the filter. Or maybe it's just a bad idea and I should save my money on a set of spinner wheels :). Seriously, I like the idea so I might bite the bullet and go for it. Unless someone talks me out of it.

Jay87LX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Actually it's a great idea and has been done a few times on here. The kit is like $50 at Summit and ppl usually relocate it to the drivers side frame rail in front of the wheel well.

OP
OP
R

rewarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, I might just do that! Does Checker sell a decent relocation kit? Or should I wait and grab one from Summit?

Jay87LX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can look at Checker (I don't know who they are) but I would imagine they are all the same- personally I would make sure the connection hoses are braided