Oil servicing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds plausable. Why not replace it yourself and save the money. Can't be more than a hour job even for a novice. Why pay them! If it's loose should be obvious when you rock it

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
RE: Compressor chatter. prior to mine taking a dump, it too ran a bit longer and after examining it after removal for said replacement, it was "wobbling" around a bit more than new and the rubber isolator/dampeners were fatigued/dry rotted etc. Can't say the bracket was anything other than a part under the hood exposed to (at the time) 14 years of lots of heat cycles, occasional water spray etc. knocked off the rust with wire brush and hit it with some rustoleum "hammered" paint.

removing/replacing compressor is not a tough project; I ordered the Arnott G97NEPD and did the rear bags at the same time. they're very quiet when new, and as they age/fatigue etc., they'll get noisier.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
The Ford air compressors tend to do that as they fail. Yours had a long life. Easy, inexpensive fix.

One thing to note is that the air bags tend to develop leaks and porosity as the years pass, requiring the compressor to run and run and run. This eats up the compressor. Here in the east, they're usually toast after about 13 years. If you must change the compressor, and it seems to be running more often that it used to, you should consider checking/changing the air bags too. Again, not a huge expense.

If the bracket and the rubber bushings are just vibrating, then you're fine, just change the bracket if you can get it.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you spray down the air springs every 6 months with either a good silicone spray, or a rubber lube like Ruglyde, for mounting tires, or for that matter tire lube spray from Toyota, they make a good spray can one. If you do that every once in a while, the bags don't dry out. Lasts a lot longer. Sometimes up to 20 years.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the_plugger